3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Show me some Photo's of your wall Tent 's( Got mine Fri.)  (Read 687 times)

Offline Stoutstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show me some Photo's of your wall Tent 's( Got mine Fri.)
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
I can remember a cold and wet start to Colorado's archery season a few years ago. We had our wall tent with a stove and were able to dry stuff out and stay cozy.
Felt bad for the camp down a ways with pup tents and mudd. Anytime there was a break in the weather those guys would be huddled around a fire outside.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
Great looking tents guys!  Bozara, can you take that backpacking?  This is getting me fired up for elk hunting in Colorado this September!

Bernie Bjorklund
NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »

Carl, I have a nylon rain fly, it helps to keep the canvas dry and is really nice when it snows, the snow slides off. My cylinder stove also keeps it dry too. I will be leaving after church on Sunday for A northern Michigan turkey hunt and will be staying the week in this wall tent. The weather is calling for rain and thunder storms from Monday until Thursday, let it rain I do not care, I will also be hunting from my double bow blind. You will enjoy your tent, mine is 12x14 also. I made the awning post out of cedar.
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
[IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/doctari_album/IMG_0573.jpg[/IMG
I have this tent to myself and have plenty of room. It takes me by myself about 4 hours to have every thing set up.
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
[IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/doctari_album/IMG_0573.jpg[/IMG
I have this tent to myself and have plenty of room. It takes me by myself about 4 hours to have every thing set up.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »

There ya go, now you can see it
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
I see most like the inside frame more then the out side, maybe I should get both !

Carl

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
Thanks Mike

Carl

Offline Celtic Dragon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
Another option and slightly more portable is the Baker tent. It was used during the Colonial wars and is more designed for canoe trips than hunting but it would work well.

I suppose you could call it the grand father of the modern dome tent.

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 01:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by Celtic Dragon:
Another option and slightly more portable is the Baker tent. It was used during the Colonial wars and is more designed for canoe trips than hunting but it would work well.

I suppose you could call it the grand father of the modern dome tent.

Some call this the campfire tent. The late Bill Mason used a variation of this. Someone just had one for sale in the classifieds.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
The Baker tent was my second choice ,It still gives you room to stand up ,And there is someone that can make those exactly like the one that Bill Mason uses, Or I should say use to.

You can get it with screen on the front, And also sides on the front and awning, They also put a stove vent in it.  But after modifying it with all that it's the price of a small 14X16 wall tent with stove !.

But for one person without a stove, I think the price was like $1385.00 The other stuff the added about $200 into it.

Cut news that mine should ship this coming Wednesday (My wall tent and stove)

Carl

C.R.C.O.'s 9X7 Cotton Campfire Tent is our roomy version of the classic 6.5 ounce cotton design. It features the same high-quality fabric, craftsmanship, and attention to detail as our smaller Campfire Tents, manufactured in our own facility.

This design is durable, functional, and built to withstand the rigors of any trip into the wilderness. Our guides and clients have been using the 9x7 Cotton Campfire Tent in the field for years. We are proud to say it has performed beyond their expectations. Poles are included.

Height: 6 feet

Width: 9 feet

Depth: 7 feet

Weight: 35 pounds (with poles)

Price per Unit (piece):
$1 320.00

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
I have a baker tent that Connie made us out of waterproof ripstop nylon we use for spike camp in elk country.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline piggy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
WoW some great set up's there, thank you for sharing.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
I receive my wall tent from Davis on Friday April 29.

UPS set the small box ,The angles for making an inside frame which is only about a foot square and really light and placed it by my door. The other three boxes which is the stove ,the tent and tarp (Fly with awning ), And the third box the poll set for traditional setup,by my garbage can,

The UPS driver set them all by my garbage can,

What an idiot !    :knothead:    

But anyway it's here the tent and the tarp said it wt's 98 pounds , Maybe that's why he did not want to bring it up 4 steps on my deck, Maybe it wasn't about being lazy, It's been raining  today so I haven't bothered to take it out and set it up.

My yard is probably too soft to do that anyway.  And I was advised by Davis Tent company ,
To take it out into the woods and set it up just like I would normally, They said not to worry about hosing it down,

I'm glad it's here, I'm looking forward to memorial day weekend, We're also purchasing a piece of property, And the closing should be before then, The property's already got a well,an outhouse, and fire pit, And there was a cottonwood tree that blew over, and it has about 4 cords of wood from it.  It was one huge Cotton tree. When I set it up, I'll take some photos.

Time to go shopping for a tarp for the floor And some indoor outdoor carpeting.

I really appreciate all the photos that you guys put on here,It just made my decision that much more pleasant.   Chris and all the guys at Davis tents were really great to work with,I don't know how many times I added to my order ,And they were great with answering the questions.  

Thanks again

Carl

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
I don't know what kind of tarp you were thinking about for the floor but I would suggest an inexpensive (relatively speaking) canvas tarp. I've used everything from polypro to plywood to canvas and canvas is my favourite. Just my 2 cents.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
I purchased just a plastic tarp , It's not like the blue ones or the green ones that you get that are cheap . This one was $30.00 , And it doesn't make noise.  It is a heavy duty industrial strength 12X16. And I'm still looking for indoor outdoor carpeting ,I don't want to get that cheap green and brown stuff that shreds apart every time you use it.  I would like to get something that is quality, Because we plan on putting it on a platform out on our land.

There even was one that was heavier then the one I got . Same size $100.00 It was a 10 ml with nylon through two layers , The one I got is
7 ml,with nylon in between two layers.  I purchased it at Northern Supply.

I can't wait to spend a week out there with my tent ( And my wife Of course ! )

Carl

Offline Ragin Bull

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
You are going to love it.
  :bigsmyl:    :campfire:    :archer2:  
It can do wonders for your mind and the soul.
Graywolfwoolens.com

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Life Member of Comptons

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 05:01:00 AM »
You defintely will love it! I can't wait to get out in ours again.

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 12:57:00 AM »
I got mine today, set up in my back yard

10'x10'x7' 10.38 oz. Sunforger flame retardant canvas wedge tent with a 3' foot bell back shape on one end, so 10'x13' . Has a stove pipe hole and two doors, bell end slightly open, flat end tied shut in pic's.

bell

flat end

guard dog

Lots of room for two wide cots and room to walk between them. This size is great for two people all there gear and room to spare.   A two dog wood stove would be a nice addition and I'll be set for fall.

Set up just in time for the rain, O well no leaks so far.

Good camping

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »

Here my 10x10 small tent I also have a 16x20 don't have pic of it but hopeful I will draw a elk tag
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©