3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Plains Quiver ?  (Read 186 times)

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
Plains Quiver ?
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
I`m in the process of my first plains style quiver. I`m a little confused on strap placement. It seems like everytime I want an arrow their a mile away. I like the back quivers but wanted to get this right on location of the strap. Does anyone else have the problem of arrows being too far away from your back ?  

Burch   :banghead:

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Plains Quiver ?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
I did have a problem with arrows being too far away but went to a double strap backpack style. Arrows are now right behind the head. I have flexibility limitations. The center back was best for my limits.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
Are you using a stiffener stick with your plains style quiver. I attach my strap to the stiffener and it can be mover back or forth as needed plus make it adjustable for length too. I'll pull up a few pics in a little while.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
If the arrows are on the outside of my shoulder I can`t get at `em. Between the back of my neck and my shoulder would work for me but I just can`t figure out where to place the strap both at the top and bottom. If I could get that right i`d be in their. Here`s a pic of my first quiver attempt. I made it out of an Ostridge ultra leather I got from working at Sea-Ray. I just braided the strap outta leather shoe laces I got from Wally World. I`m still thinking on how to decorate it a bit so ideas are most welcome.

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pat B:
Are you using a stiffener stick with your plains style quiver. I attach my strap to the stiffener and it can be mover back or forth as needed plus make it adjustable for length too. I'll pull up a few pics in a little while.
I`ve seen the stick used. It looks a little funny to me and outta place but if it works it works.   :thumbsup:     I`d like to see yer pics and many thanks   :cool:

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
The stiffener stick is original to the Plains style quiver. Are you just wanting a side quiver that you can wear on your back also?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pat B:
The stiffener stick is original to the Plains style quiver. Are you just wanting a side quiver that you can wear on your back also?
No Sir, I wanted a functional back quiver

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
Well ?   please don`t hold back i`m interested in honest opinions good or bad.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©