3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 1st Annual Croatan Dogwood Blossom Stump Shoot **pics on page 4**  (Read 1034 times)

Offline woodcock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1st Annual Croatan Dogwood Blossom Stump Shoot **pics on page 4**
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
Guys, Great pics and a really fun day.  Looking forward to the rest of the pics from Ruddy.  Bring 'em on deadeye!   :archer:
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 56@28
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2011, 05:36:00 AM »
i have to say, yesterdays event,as informal as it was,was alot of fun. a great time had by all. it was good to finally meet bud b. bud, you are an awesome shot. we also got to meet the youngest of the mcmillin clan, little mac(anna)who is an up and coming archer who loves to shoot ariels, and is quite the photographer for a young lady.joe didnt waste any time coralling up the group and got us started on our first of many targets click on image to play vid.
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011, 05:44:00 AM »
batman and son william stopped by for a short visit to see how we were gettin along. its always good to see the battens. bud b. brought along a foam disk, when we got to one of the food plots we proceede to some ariel fun.little mac loved it and didnt want to stop  this was my first time shooting ariels. i have to say it was alot of fun. click on image to play vid.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2011, 05:56:00 AM »
i think everyone had a moment in the sun , and pulled off some great shots.only one arrow got sacrificed to the pines, due to a missed pinecone in the air.near the end of our shoot, ian happened on a snake,and luke not to be denied joined in the fun of catching the rascal.to watche these boys is an amzing display of unrehearsed, coordanated effort.they are definately a team to be reckoned with, the snake didnt stand a chance of gettin away the team effor yeilded its reward the snake was not harmed in any way and was released after the photo op. as said before everyone made some great shots, and had alot of fun.thanks joe for a great event for a small crowd,we will have to do it again . ruddy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2011, 06:05:00 AM »
Good viewing with the videos, Rudy - like being there with us (or being there again - LOL - even if I couldn't keep my arrow on the rest long enough to get a shot off -      :knothead:  

That was after my first shot that sailed way out and beyond      :eek:    That's why they suggested to wait 'til the disc got lower to shoot . Great fun though. Thanks to Bud for bringing the Flu-flus and handy dandy pink disc.  Gotta make some of those and borrow a neighbors field.

Looking forward to any more of the videos, Ruddy. (Or the final shot at Merchant's). Now I wish I'd made some too.

Ruddy and I stopped by Don Batten's on the way home and got to shoot Don's lattest Anneewakee Addiction recurve - That beautiful black and red one with everything but a drink holder on it - LOL. A tad heavy weight (55#) for me but I was able to get it almost to my draw for a couple of shots. It was sweet shooting and I was pleased with the shots (not like Don's though     :thumbsup:  )  .
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline woodcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
Ruddy, keep the pictures comin!  Joe
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 07:22:00 AM »
He may have had to go to work this AM, Joe - not really sure. If so, maybe there'll be more forthcoming this evening.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline woodcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
I figured he was out already.  Had a great time with you guys.  A great start to what I hope becomes a TRADition!! I have a group of Venture Scouts coming over tonight for a intro to archery!  Should be fun.  What was the line from that old song? "There's a whole lotta things I never done, but I ain't never had too much fun"
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Offline bartcanoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »
Looks like a great time, great video and pictures, I'm sorry I missed it.

I'll have to make sure I can get to the 2nd Annual.
Dave

US Army Retired (1984-2013)
Job 42:1-6

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »
That's the spirit, bart. It (or spin-offs) may be more than annual - LOL. Joe, I subscribe to that old song line, for sure.    :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »
Really hate that John Dill couldn't be with us. Hope his damage from the storm wasn't much and that he got it all cleared up. Hate to call in case he has his hands full still. Anybody heard anything more?

I decided to call anyway. His box is full w/ no room for more msgs - so I guess others are calling also, since Joe had heard from him Sun. AM, we know he's OK.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
Glad you fellas put it together and enjoyed yourselves. We should hope for a World Stumpshooting  day each year and get together in our respective regions and communities like we did up here and you all did down there yesterday.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
Nice vids and photos Ruddy. Yeah, make it a tradition. It was a good time for sure.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Looks like you folks had a good time. Nothing like a day in the woods with good friends and god shooting.
Ken Thornhill

Offline copperhead95

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
thanks for the pics everyone! ill put mine on tonight hopefully, got to work today. i had a great time with all of you and hope to do it again soon!  :archer:
47# 56" Anneewakee Addiction recurve
"Don't tread on me!"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Looking forward to them, Ian.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pics.  We had a great time up in NY as well.  I am all for the idea of having a national stump shoot day.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
the only pic i have left is the parting shot that was taken after we ate lunch together at merchants market.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
Ahhh, but that one is a winner, Ruddy. Ya done good, buddy.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline copperhead95

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
What a crew!.  We were turning some heads in the parking lot of the old brick store.  Great pics Ruddy!  Nice work on Ian figuring out the camera timer, what would we do without him?  Ian will post later tonite. Had the Venture Crew out tonight and we were able to get 5 young women out to experience archery.  I think we corrupted one at least!  She was very smitten with it and I couldn't keep her off of the shooting line.  Quite capable too, just naturally graceful and competent. A real pleasure. I love introducing people to Bowshooting!  Joe
47# 56" Anneewakee Addiction recurve
"Don't tread on me!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©