3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rays, No Pigs?  (Read 993 times)

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rays, No Pigs?
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
The photos that Charlie (Cyclic-Rivers) took are exactly what Hog Heaven looks like. It is a beautiful place that is full of game. The wild Easter Lilies were blooming on the forest floor when we were there last weekend. There were lots of deer to watch and plenty of hogs to see, even though there were no hogs hit with arrows.

Charlie sure captured the place with his camera. Nice pics, Charlie.

Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Thanks Joe,

I have a confession!  I only took the pictures because I felt it would help me kill a hog.   :readit:  

You see, My pals Izzy and Guru always take lots of pics and always seem to make meat.   :confused:

I found there is a method to their madness,    :saywhat:   Taking pictures forces me to slow down  and smell the roses so to speak.  If it were me 3 weeks ago, I would have only had my memories.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
That just sounds like a great time!  I've got to get that on my list of things to do some year.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
Charlie, just remember that pics are a whole lot easier than game to
drag out of the woods and your wife cant remind you that you could have shared a romantic weekend getaway for the cost of mounting that critters head. By the way, you did take some nice pics. Not as good as Cuz though.He took pics of a quartering away pig at 10 yards and forgot to trade his camera for his bow before the pig winded him after 5 minutes or so.   :smileystooges:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
:knothead:    :biglaugh:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Purty place. I gotta agree with Ray. You can have pigs a plenty and a whole lot of experience and still not get one stalking. A whole lot can happen once your inside 25 yards.One summer on 10 different occasions I had pigs under TEN yads and never got a shot. Talk about feeling snakebit.It only takes a step different and all those ten could have been kills so don`t ever be discouraged when you get close and it don`t happen for you.You`ve got 90% of the battle won if your getting close the rest is some skill and a whole lotta luck.From the end of summer till January I ended up killing 12 that year. Just a matter of a lucky wind and a lucky step in the right direction.Stay on`em.RC

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
Good thread Chalie! Heard about Ray's but now more impressed at how he hunts. That Cypress swamp looks great! No kill? That's why they call it hunting. Hanging w/likeminded Tradsters only makes it better IMO. Much obliged for the pix & stories.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©