3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What do you do with your kill arrows/  (Read 656 times)

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do you do with your kill arrows/
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
I have shot alunimum for a long time and they usually get bent. I take a paint pen and writhe the date, location and what I killed with that arrow and hang them on a couple of nails in the garage blood, hair and all. Interesting how you can look at each and vividly remember every detail of each hunt.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
I keep my first kills arrows and they are part of my game room decor (first deer, first bear, etc.)  I have a "paw rack" from my first bear and lay the arrow on that or keep a bow there.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
I recycle them again.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »
I don't kill many critters so I think it will get retired with the hunt details on it and such.  Having to decide what to do with a kill arrow is a good problem to have, huh?   :cool:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
I keep shooting them until bent or broken. I think it is great to take more than one bag with the same arrow.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
I have always recycled until I saw the signed arrows on the St. Judes auction site. What a nice idea. To have arrows used by Ron and Denny and other leaders in traditional archery signed and labeled with accompaning kill stories and even pictures makes for great memorablilia. Someone out there might think that that is a great way to remember you and carry on your legacy. Think about it and if you happen to be well known to boot its a great way to raise money for a good cause.

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
i re-cycle it many times, just wash it off, and reuse, if it's bent, leave it the way i found it, take the broadhead off to reuse and stick the shaft up on the wall , (using a pair of deer antlers for a display) at MY hunting cabin.

Offline Hood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
Like most of the others, I'll use it again, but I add the date of kill.

Last year the deer I shot broke the arrow. It was the second deer with that particular arrow. So I saved the fletched portion, wrote the date on it and put it up on the wall (see picture).

All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
Performers and portrayers, each another's audience.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
use em again until they are no good
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Adam Keiper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
Mike, I wipe the fur from small game arrows, but retire big game kill arrows to a wall in my family room.  I started writing the dates and hunt specifics on the arrows as well.  It's neat to glance up and see them, and remember a specific shot now and then.  Heaven knows the deer in our parts have been less than bountiful in recent times, so the bloodied arrows help serve as a reminder that killing something is still possible.  :^)

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 06:00:00 AM »
I cut a strip of leather about about 7 X 2", then cut a small slit in the bottom portion. Slide the arrow through the slit and write down the particulars on the leather and pin it to the wall.  Memories!

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
The kill arrows(cedar) have almost always broken off so they hang on the critter's antlers on the wall. The mmmmm-misses sometimes can be recovered intact and I resharpen the Zwickeys for the next time afield.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
Mostly they get put back into circulation. There are a few that have been retired, but if they are
able, they fly again.

Sometimes I wish I would have saved them all.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©