3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim Customer Service  (Read 323 times)

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Jim Customer Service
« on: April 13, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
Well many of you know what a great bow Jim builds and what a great guy he is.  I've always had great dealings with Jim and I want to post my most recent experience with him.  Shortly after I got my beloved "Gray Ghost" Thunder Child I made the mistake of grabbing a cedar arrow to see how it shot in it but I didn't  check the nock fit on the string.  Upon my release the shaft smacked the side of my face and the bow rattled in my hand!  Well I searched the bow up and down for any signs of damage caused by the dry fire and couldn't find any.  Fast forward to about 1000 shots later and I noticed that some very small white lines were starting to form in the string grooves.  I called Jim and told him everything that had happened and asked if it could be fixed.  Well Jim told me to send it back and he would take care of it.  I offered to pay but he refused and said he would take care of it.  Well I've been meaning to get back on Jim's list for another Buffalo bow but his actions of fixing something that I messed up by being a dummy, well I'm now on the list again.  We have a lot of great bowyers and sponsors out there today, in my personal experience there is none better than Big Jim!     :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
he really is awsome to deal with and im going to have one of his bows someday.  a thunderchild takedown is calling my name
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
Big Jim is a man of integrity...great to deal with.
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Carcajou:
Big Jim is a man of integrity...great to deal with.
Yes sir, I've always had good dealings with him.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline EL Mejor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
THANKS FOR SHARING,,,HERD NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS ABOUT JIM,,,
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
That's so true Kenneth!

The Gentle Giant wants only one thing: To have happy customers! And he does! I now just order anything archery out of Georgia

:clapper:    :clapper:    

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Big Jim is a real GEM.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone as good as him in all aspects of the way he takes care of business.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
:clapper:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
He may be gentile, but I wouldn't want to get him mad lol.

Offline GraniteStater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
He is top notch.  Very honest man, and looks out for his customers best interests.  Nothing but good things to say about him, well maybe one thing.. he has no time to make recurves ^^
1Peter 5:6,7

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
a big man with a big heart.
see

Offline Gundog68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 01:35:00 AM »
There is one thing with big jim.... i have to wait about 8 month for my order (from last week) now ;-( ;-)

Offline Blake Dustin Adams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 02:44:00 AM »
I have been lucky enought to get my Buffalo Bow before his wait list got so long.  Great man to deal with.  Needless to say I was back home in GA at the time and drove on down to his shop picked out wood, which is probably more difficult when you are there, talked bows and saw him work.  A couple months later drove down picked up a Tulipwood beuaty and he asked if I had any arrows to go out back and test her out.  He already had the nock point set and all.

Just the other day I needed a heavy field point test kit.  Jim didn't even have a test kit on his site but he still put one together for me anyways.  

Top notch guy and none better to spend a fire around.

BDA

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 06:25:00 AM »
I am on the list for a Takedown Thunderchild and it wont be too long now. Really looking forward to it and i am already impressed with BigJims service, as this will be my first custom bow i had a lot of questions and issues but Jim had a lot of patience and good advice for me.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
I recently bought a couple of Big Jim's quivers and they arrived within a few days.  I also bought a 3 piece Buffalo bow from a Tradganger and man am I impressed.  Fit and finish is top shelf.  With the few conversations I have had with him let's me know I will be a customer of his for some time.

Thank you Big Jim for all that you do.

God bless.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
Love the quiver, love the hat. Now I'm ready to love the Thunderchild that is supposed to be one of the next ones built. Patiently (NOT) waiting for the phone call! Big Jim has been very good to deal with. He is backed up quite a bit on bow building due to his stellar reputation. The wait will just make the bow all the sweeter when it arrives.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline autumn spirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
Gotta try one of his quivers.
Remember your most important vitiman....B positive.

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
Just ordered one of his Quivers today seems like a great guy
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Big Jim is a class act. He has always exceeded my expectations in both quality and customer service.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Got my bow back today and it looks brand new!!  Yep Big Jim is the man!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©