3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: northwind gem  (Read 157 times)

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
northwind gem
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
im trying to get my hands on this bow look good 60in. 52# @ 28 cut to center
not sure of the wood but its nice and straight any good bad ugly reviews on these bows wish it was 45 but my bearcat is 55 at my draw and i wont draw a long bow past 28 3/4 maybe 29 if its thick riser does a long bow feel smoother than a recurve what should i expect as of feel from this type of bow i never shot a real longbow i have the 25# old hickory and the fiberglass semirecurve just not sure so ill ask give it to me good bad ugly
thanks as always for any and all info

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: northwind gem
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »
Hey b44mag!  Use a comma occassionally, or a period, or a question mark! Lol!   :wavey:  (just messing with you sir!)

Search 1 Northwind Gem

Not a whole lot of old threads about this bow, but maybe some of the other guys/gals that own one will jump in...
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
i do have a hard time with the dots n stuff   :smileystooges:    :bigsmyl:    :notworthy:

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 12:12:00 AM »
Looks funny--shoots great. Very low hand shock for a fairly straight-limbed longbow.
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered." Gen 9:2

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »
My good hunting buddy, Garf Smith, has a Northwind longbow and has slayed many critters including deer, moose and antelope with it. A few years ago he ordered a hybrid longbow and shot it one year and went back to the Northwind. He is again thinking of a new bow but he can seem to put down the Northwind. Sweet shooter!!  :thumbsup:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
A friend has one and it a sweetheart. Good quality,fit and finish. Made out near Buffalo N.Y. by a real nice guy, Gerry Fiegle. I may have spelled his name wrong....sorry!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
I had one,nice bows and good shooters.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
ok thanks im going to give it a try. if i dont like it im sure i can trade her off and try another. till i find the one. i just got off the phone with a guy and hes buying a barrel from me. as soon as the mo comes in ill send one out and my new gem will be in the mail cant

wait  :knothead:   :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©