3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ron Ollis scam update  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ron Ollis scam update
« on: April 17, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
I sent an e-mail threatening to call the County Sheriff's office as well as the Corydon police office to Ronald Ollis because of the improper way that he has not shipped items that were purchased here on this site. He immediately replied and stated that he has shipped "a bunch of things" last Friday parcel post. He claims that he has not been able to inform everyone here because he has been kicked off the site. He says that if guys would e-mail him using the e-mail that he still shows on his profile, he will be more than happy to let you know when he shipped and claims that he can provide everyone with tracking numbers. There seems to have been a mix-up in who bought what and where to ship this item and that item. We will see. I have told him that if I do not receive my item or money back, that I will be informing the local authorities. I hope it still works out. If you have an outstanding deal pending with Ron e-mail him and pursue it. You may want to use the same threat that I have used, it seems to have gotten his attention.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ron Ollis scam update
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
Lots of folks complain about our 100 post rule....this is a PRIME example of why we have it.

Also, anyone posting an ad on the PowWow has not read the rules and shows there respect of the site by doing so....and is a BIG Red Flag.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
thanks for the update guys!

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
The 100 post rule is great imo!
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
I hope it clears up for you guys, scammers suck.    :knothead:
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
The last e-mail I had from Ron he said my item was shipped Thursday April 7th with delivery expected the 11th od 12th. Nothing showed, still. When I tried to pm or email, no response. I just hope it works out for everyone. I should've known better, but I still try to keep the faith that we will treat each other fairly here!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Has anyone cross referenced this guy to other forums such as AT and ***********? If he's cheatin folks here, he is probably doing the same elsewhere.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
just got an email from Ron.  Said he was in the hospital with a herniated disc and will mail out this week.  we will see....

Offline Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
He never mentioned the health problems to me. He told me that he had sent the items last Friday. This is already smelling bad.

Offline stephen / oregon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
He has also not followed through with me on my purchase ($100 KOM pack )- I sent $$ almost 3 weeks ago.

I have a fairly lengthy post that I put on LW tonight and have spoke to a # on here about their experiences. For me this has been one of those merry go round  "Ad Nauseum" mental experiences.

As far as swinestalker's ? about AD's on other forums- yes, it was noted on the LW post from someone there that he now has an AD for an item he is selling on there.

As far as the post above from superkodiak about Ron being in the hospital with a "herniated disc"
I am thinking that is the proverbial B...$, because I spoke to his father yesterday and that was never mentioned. The Dad never said a word about that. And that would have been pretty pertinent news.

He (the seller) also never emails me back with what is going on with my pack. It is good that some get messages from him, but still no contact from him to me. But I have been pretty firm with him calling him out about all of this.

I also heard from the Dad yesterday that the Son (seller) said that my pack was sent out just that day (Sat.- yesterday) Yeah- Right, I have heard that before. He told me that it would be mailed last Saturday also and he even told another prospective buyer of KOM wool that was asking me about my deal that my Pack had already been mailed out.- Bogus- all untrue.

So yes,..."we will see...."

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
I just got an e-mail with a NEW delivery date of April 18th with a tracking number. Ron said he mailed it Wednesday but the tracking number shows it(something) was mailed Saturday morning at 9:19 a.m.  :dunno:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
For those who have sent payment you should compare addresses to see if they're all the same address.

If the guy has health problems, then it should work out somehow. If not, you all should get together and report it to the local jurisdiction where the address is located.

Keep track of your checks, MOs, etc. If you sent a personal check ask your bank for a copy of the cancelled check and his account number should be written or printed on there somewhere.

Keep good records so Law Enforcement has what they need to make a case. You will likely have to report it to your local jurisdction as well.

Each state has differing laws procecting consumers.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
I'm looking to buy can't post as of yet but the new rule makes me feel better with people like this out there. I can still peruse the classifides though.  Merle
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »
I am in the same boat with buying one of his items. I will email him today also.

Thanks for the info.

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
"The first is that Cadet members can NOT participate in any classifieds forum or giveaway thread."

I understand the rule, but I'm confused as to if it only applies to the Tradbow classifieds site, or any classifieds.

Ronald Ollis joined the site in December of 2010 and shows only 48 posts. If the 100 post rule applies to any classifieds, how was he able to post an add without having permission? I read the rules, but I must be missing something. Respectfully...Ed Carneal.
N/A

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
I believe the 100 posts is for listing bows only, not for any other section (at least that's how I read it)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
That rule only applied to the TradBow Classifieds....not the rest of them.

Sometime folks also post as directly on the PowWow...not sure if this was the case or not as I was not here when all this happened.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
Ron contacted me today and sent me a tracking number. I guess he had some problems on his side and may be new to selling on the Internet.

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
Terry,
  I for one want to thank you for applying the 100 post's for new members and really all members as far as that go's...Even if it applied to any of the other classifieds I think people would get the hint that this site doesn't take those "Stealing, Sneaky,Scamming Scumbags" lightly and it may make them move on elsewhere if they have no intentions of sharing the sport of Traditional archery...Job well done Mods...  :thumbsup:

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
Gil, I also received a tracking number today from Ron.  Hoping he is getting everything worked out.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©