3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ron Ollis scam update  (Read 1336 times)

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ron Ollis scam update
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
Ron D's advice is spot on (I am an officer). Thanks to the mods on this site for the work they do to keep this stuff from happening much more frequently! If anyone needs a little coaching on getting charges pressed on this guy feel free to pm me and I can walk you through some of the process.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
cadets are not allowed to participate in any selling, buying or trading that involves a weapon.  they're considered minors and they must answer to their parents/guardians first and foremost, not trad gang.

only the trad bow classifieds forum requires the 100 post count rule.

here's the most important thing to consider with any classified transaction - it's been said before and worth saying yet again ...

if you don't really know the person you are dealing with, get the goods/dollars first before closing your side of the deal.

there are things you can do to better know just who is your buyer/seller/trader.  

things to know about buying, selling and trading
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Stik cant ya just sneak over and give him a double tap.  :eek:
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Latest PM from him....  

Today 04:33 PM Widowman80
 View Profile  View Forum Posts  Private Message  Add as Contact  Send Email

Registered User Join Date:Apr 2011
Sorry already sold it
------------------

Hmmmmmm ?  Good luck...
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
Just got another PM on LW.. I think this guy thought he was sending PMs to two different guys... both were sent to me today!!!

PM #1 Original Message:
chromebuck - It's $1,300 new and I paid 800.00. Gotta hold out for the full price. Sorry. You won't be disappointed. Everyone always wants to shoot this bow at the range. It is deadly.

PM #2 Original Message:
chromebuck - Plus an 95.00 custom quiver. 675 firm.
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
Has anyone received their payment yet? Mine was scheduled for delivery today, but did not make it. Maybe it will show up tomorrow. It will probably be an empty envelope.

TRACKING INFO>

Your item was processed through and left our LOUISVILLE, KY 40231 facility on April 18, 2011 at 9:25 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, April 18, 2011, 9:25 pm, LOUISVILLE, KY 40231
 Acceptance, April 18, 2011, 10:33 am, LEAVENWORTH, IN 47137
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »
He has reportedly sent mine and has given a tracking number. We shall see, I will believe him when the mo arrives.

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
I should get what was mailed to me today.  It's out for delivery as we speak.  Ron told me that he was sending me the ASAT bibs and hat that I agreed to purchase. I'll post what all was mailed after I get back from spending time with the teens at church tonight.

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
I bought a bow from Ron Ollis about a week ago on another site and sent a money order. I never knew of any problems until a couple days ago. I Emailed Ron and inquired about my purchase. He assured me that he was sending the bow out and provided me a tracking number that same day. I received the bow today and it was just as he said it was.

Jack
Jack Shanks

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
I purchased a fleece jacket and it took 3 weeks from the day I shipped the payment to recieve the jacket.  Several threatening emails by me to Mr. Ollis resolved the problem..He had "computer problems"..yeah right..I did recieve the described jacket and was satisfied.
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Afterthought: Be aware of ads that flood all categories, i.e, Wool Clothing, bows, fleece, arrows, knives etc...posted by the same person at once...either it is part of the scam, or they lose track of buyers/offers form individuals, as they have so many different items listed, they can use the excuse of, " Lost track, got things mixed up, forgot to ship" etc..Just a thought.
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
as mentioned before, the best of scammers don't scam everyone, they make some good deals just to keep their head above water, but they'll scam someone eventually.  this guy ollis fits the pattern to a 't'.  beware.

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
I received the ASAT hat and bibs today.

Offline jon boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
I am still waiting to see if he will take back the 3XLT jacket that he listed as XL.  I would be surprised if he takes it back since he still says he sent me an XL even after sending him pictures of the tag with the size 3XLT and his initials RO clearly showing.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
this guy ollis is just plain BAD NEWS for everyone - including himself, as he shall soon find out.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
I recieved the videos I bought here on Tradgang today from him.

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline stephen / oregon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 12:51:00 AM »
Superkodiak-

Interesting that you got those ASAT bibs. Were they wool? I have been in communication with another buyer on another site (AT) that saw my post of links there about this guy on Monday. He sent Ron Ollis a $200 cert. bank check and never got the bibs and Ollis told him that he mailed them (the ASAT ones) to a buyer of some raven wear by mistake and he would need to mail the $$ back to him this week.

I also was supposed to get my $100 back today from Ollis for what I bought over 3 weeks ago and never received. But- no money in todays mail.

It seems as if some people are getting there stuff much faster now. Wow- bow in a week- I bought a KOM pack and it was supposedly mailed 3 different times- but I never got it. Maybe it went to someone else. This Ollis guy cannot seem to keep his own stories straight- so I sure as heck do not have a clue whats going on.

Offline woodcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
It really makes one appreciate integrity...I can't help but pity this guy a little.  What does he see in the mirror every morning?    Sorry for your losses and inconvenience, but that Ollis guy has chosen a pitiable way to travel this journey.
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 56@28
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
the Bibs I purchased were Dayone and are fleece, along with a fleece Dayone ASAT crusher. They weren't on an add.  I contacted Ron when he posted the Dayone ASAT fleece Parka. and decided not to buy the parka, but he offered to sell me the bibs and hat. I obviously made the deal with him on those.  I didn't pay anything near the $200, I only was out $65.  But I did get the fleece bibs and hat.  Other than one small rip in a seam, they are in really good condition.

Shawn

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
For the record....this guy emailed us that he wanted to be deleted from Trad Gang last week right before Rob, Doug and I went hunting...over that 'Tag' issue with the poster above.

He was very defensive and said he wasn't wallmart...that he didn't just take things back.  We also saw the image of the tag.  The tag said one thing from the buyer, and the seller (Ron) was insisting the buyer was lying.

This guys signed up on Trad Gang JUST TO TRADE...signed up and RAN to the classifieds.

Pay attention, we do all we can to protect the membership here....do not over look the obvious.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©