3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Feral Pigs in NY  (Read 353 times)

Re: Feral Pigs in NY
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
A mixed blessing, I fear.

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
Just curious but if all the above is true why does Ray Hammond's place (which has many many hogs) have so many turkeys and deer. Same can be said for Ft. Stewart and many other places.
Untested ideas are not facts.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Just a guess, not knowing Ray Hammond's place, but perhaps feeders & food-plots cut down on food competition?
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
We have had them in California for 400 years lots of deer and turkeys around too. They root and eat.........just like everything else it would be great if they chased the deer from our flower beds. Place where they are outta' control is the media-as usual.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
Don't know if you caught the program "Pig Bomb" on the Discovery Channel.  They were hyping up the dangers (and plugging a reintroduced series called "Pigs Gone Wild").  They made it sound like the Entelodons were reborn and coming to drag us out of our homes and eat us.  Had a pair of Frank Buck wannabees who should have been embarassed.

No question feral pigs are bad where accidently introduced and it's going to be a destabilizing agent in an already reeling environment.  I hope they eat purple loosestrife (an introduced weed that is now everywhere hereabouts).
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
it was bound to happen sooner or later, seeing how unchecked the hog population is in the south and southwest.  there is no way of stopping the feral hog invasion in the north.  it's too bad and it will only get worse over the next 20-30 years ...
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Our waters are so messed up{ lamprey,zebra muzzles,ect.}, why not our land too.And just like numerous other situations with our country-not good to say the least.May God save our land, our hunting, and our country.Only He can sort it out now.   :pray:
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
just to let you know they have been in ct a school is having a problem with them tearing up the ball field looking for grubs i think somewhere in litchfield county

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Here's a little piggy video:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©