3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: cam buckle load rating  (Read 103 times)

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
cam buckle load rating
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Does anyone know what load rating is recommended for the straps used to attach Lone Wolf sticks or other versions including short ladder sections?

Online Jock Whisky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: cam buckle load rating
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
Don't know what it is but the stand is rated at 300 lb. I use a transom strap that boaters use to secure boats to trailers as well as the stock strap. That puppy ain't going anywhere.

JW
Old doesn't start until you hit three figures...and then it's negotiable

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: cam buckle load rating
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
Call LW to verify and ask if there have been any reported failures or have a buckle failure rate. If the "sticks" are rated at a certain poundage, it would be for the weakest link in that stick system including the belt or buckle or axle or bolt or.... Usually there's at least a safety factor of 2x or 3x or more built in to "maximum ratings" for safety & lawsuit purposes, but don't push the insurance; it'll save your life.  

I've used my originals for 6 years w/no problems...about time to get new ones - getting a little fray on some of the webbing.  Absolutely no problems with the buckles slipping or breaking.  I weigh 200# geared to hunt. Watch their instructional videos on how to use LW equipment.  Some users don't and therefore, don't climb, use, tie-off, or stabilize their products properly - and pay for it the hard way.
CoilSpring

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©