3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stu Miller, Genius???  (Read 130 times)

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
Stu Miller, Genius???
« on: April 18, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
I say YES, He just hast to be.. To be able to figure out his calculator with all of the minute variables seems impossible to me.(of course a lot of things seem impossible to me anyhow)(like shooting consistent 9s and 10 @20 yds) I have found that, if entering the EXACT correct inputs, his FREE calculator to be very accurate. By donating it free to the trad community he has saved a whole bunch of us, untold money and headaches.. THANK YOU STU MILLER...
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stu Miller, Genius???
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
Stu's DSC program is fantastic. It's basically a virtual "what if" program where one can play with various shafts of carbon, wood or aluminum without having to buy any shafting to make arrows to see which ones work out of one's bow.

In my situation shooting 32" arrows out of my two low poundage hunting recurves, I never thought of trying a 2212 aluminum arrow, but on a whim, I tried it in Stu's program and it was feasible. After I got a half dozen 2212s, it worked as advertised and all I really had to do was fine tune by adding or subtracting point weight in conjunction with raising or lowering the brace height.

The key to using the program is putting the correct info into all of the various data boxes. The "cut past center" is where most wrong info is put in and that really throws off the calculator.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©