3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: VENDOR business practices -- WARNING!  (Read 494 times)

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: VENDOR business practices -- WARNING!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
I have never had an issue, and use paypal for the buyer protection it offers, But Thanks for the info. It is always good to have a reminder or a" wake up" call to be vigilant and pay attention to these transactions closely. C

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by John Scifres:
And this is trad archery related how?    :)  

I personally love PayPal and think a buyer has the personal responsibility to understand how they are paying for the things they are buying.  If they don't like PayPal, they shouldn't buy from sellers using them.
John -
By reading the responses, I believe that it is obvious most folks here at TradGang use PayPal for the majority of their traditional archery items. My note is simply a "heads up" to all traditional archery folks as to the business practices of PayPal. Thus given the information, the traditional archers may purchase their traditional archery items knowing the pitfalls they may find. I believe that qualifies as traditional archery related. I believe Admin agrees.
Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ralphie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
PayPal is between seller and buyer.
The most powerful weapon against getting ripped off, a buyer has is "the charge back". A credit card will give a conditional credit until any dispute is resolved.
With PayPal the charge back is non existent. PayPal will refund money only if it is in the sellers account.
PayPal favors and protects the seller, while credit cards direct protect the buyer ..... in general.
PayPal is convenient, yes, but there is a price to pay.
Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
I won't buy or sell anything going through PayPal. I'm old fashioned.

If someone won't accept my US Postal Money order, which can be verified at any US Post Office in minutes, then the seller can sell the item to someone else.

Conversely, when I sell an item on TG or anyone else, if the buyer doesn't want to send me a US Postal Money, then I will sell the item to someone  else who will.

On a personal note, I've sold two bows here on TG and both times, the monetary payment to me from the buyer was with a US Postal Money order. I got the money, the buyers got the bows.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline rluttrell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
I had made a payment using PayPal on a website for supplies. After two weeks and not receiving anything I tried to call the phone number on the site and it was disconnected. I called PayPal and they told me there were sorry but there was no way for me to recoup my money. They would put a hold on that accounted which was empty. I lost a little over a 100.00. If I had used my normal credit card I would have been able to back all of my money.
I don’t know how they are now but if it’s not on **** you might not be able to get your money back.
**** owns PayPal
Hopefully you will see me as a better person today than I was yesterday..

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
we need to be very clear that this is not a problem with paypal, but with any vendor that uses paypal as way of "third partying" their customer credit card sales without the customer's knowledge.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline marsniper27

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
I run a business and most of my sales are done through paypal. I Sent invoices traight through paypal though so my customers know that is how their credit cards will be charged. I run a small special order airsoft business so signing up and paying the fees to accept the cards myself is completely unjustified. You get charged monthy for the service weather it is used or not. Using paypal i pay the 4% for my customers and that is the only fee involved much cheaper then the alternative.

Online Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
Well said Rob! Most of my customers use it at least for their deposit, never had a problem at all. It works great for when I need to buy materials too.

Offline Canadabowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
I do most of my buying of supplies from the USA and being here in Canada Pay-pal really makes it easy. I have a seperate account linked to Pay-pal and never keep more money in there than I need for current purchases. Works great!! Bob
"non illegitimus carborundum est"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
Yep...I its not paypal that's the problem...its the crooks.

I remember when Rob talked me into taking paypal on my girls business, BowHush....and the orders TRIPLED!!!

Only had one guy charge me back that I shipped....$12 order, and I never could contact him.  Not sure if he got the order or not, no way of tracking it by US mail....so I don't know if he got it or not, and he wouldn't reply to emails.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
My post was not intended as an indictment of PayPal. Although as some of you noted, they do have problems and little recourse for the buyer if things go wrong. As Rob said, the problem is with the vendor not advising his/her customers that their card is going to PayPal. It is just another vehicle for PayPal to provide a service to its customers and at the same time, an opportunity to increase its own revenue. Simply business on PayPal's part.... and folks need to know in order to make up their own minds whether or not to participate. Again, information only and not an indictment of PayPal or any business or vendor that uses this method of collecting funds for services or products.
Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Canadabowyer:
I do most of my buying of supplies from the USA and being here in Canada Pay-pal really makes it easy. I have a seperate account linked to Pay-pal and never keep more money in there than I need for current purchases. Works great!! Bob
Same to me,if pay pal play unfair it will spread.It`s with who we deal we have to trust and be careful.
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline JJB2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
"The online auction site" takes a cut, paypal takes a cut (on behalf of "the online auction site" that owns them) and then they take an interest free loan on your money for 21 days (for safety reasons of course) if they feel like it.  By the time you're done, you're in to the auction and paypal for 10% +.  I avoid both sites whenever possible now.  Vendors using paypal should have to notify the seller that they are using it and clearly spell out any additional fees associated.
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
the problem is with the vendor not advising his/her customers that their card is going to PayPal  
Did you know that Paypal also offers Merchant Services?  This is not the standard acct that anyone can get.  But, an acct for verified business's.  How many online merchants offer infomation on who handles there credit card services?  Why does it matter if authorize.net or paypal handles the credit card processing?

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Paypal is the only account I have ever had trouble with! I had used it very minimally in the past and the account was hacked into and funds withdrawn. Total nightmare. Good luck to all the paypal users.
Live every day like it's your last and one day you'll be right!

Offline redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
I have used Paypal for several years now, and it is linked to my bank account, but I also have my bank account set up to notify me via e-mail of any charges that are made to my checking or charge account, and those charges are put on a pending status for a few days. No problems here with Paypal. But thanks for the heads up Danny  :thumbsup:
Larry

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
PayPal. I have an account but have never used it. When I signed up I refused to give my bank account number. My account was approved anyway. Don't know why.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©