3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new batman sig mdl addiction/hoots  (Read 713 times)

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: new batman sig mdl addiction/hoots
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
thanks all.

Bernie, I wish we had thought of you taking the pics. Yours are always good.

Terry, I think I know what you mean. Nick and Jet were down this past weekend. If I'd have know yall were in town, I would have had Michael take you over for a howdy and shake. you could have got the real poop on the head cam.

Lee hoots, It works better than I thought it would, and I knew it would work. thats what I like about you bows. 55lb feels like 45 on my 3pc takedowns. get you calipers ready. Me and John been talking about 65 to 70 on the next two. LOL

I hope to get a turkey with this set up soon. Heading out to mid west with some good old country boys in a couple of weeks.
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
55#?   You been working out Batman
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Joey, I feel so good , I think I could back pack you and biggie up to timberline in alberta. thats not counting the food to sustain you guys during our stay. DB

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
55lb? that is one thing I want to get across. Lee's bows are short(mine 56") but the working limb is longer than my 60" takedown recurves. It's got a big hook in the recurve and it almost feels like it has let off. I know it doesn't but I can't shoot my 56lb welch more than 20 shots before my elbow and shoulder say "no more". I can shoot this bow half a day. I shot John's 60 lb er last friday at least 50 times. no ill effects. Maybe it's just me, but I can shoot at least 10lb's more draw weight with Lee's bows than any other Ive shot. I've shot and own most of them too. If you think I'm lying, I got another 56" 55.5@28 I'll  put up for a test drive. You pay shipping both ways. Don

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
Very nice Batman.Looks like it shoots awesome as well.  :clapper:
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Test drive a Batten Signature model. I like that!!!!!!! Super glad your enjoying your Addiction! Ole Lee Hoots put this bow together with porkchops on the brain! Lee done a great job as usuall! I also would like to order some of that "feel good" so that I could pack fat boys up to Alberta too. I bet I could even handle an 80 pound bow on that "feel good" mojo!(LOL)  :D  Don.....I hope you bring home some Nebraska turkeys with your new rig! BTW I hope theres room for Bernie on the trip....he's a great photographer!!! Congrats buddy!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
LOL - yeah but then he'd have to put them down and tote me - or get one of the others to tote me. Hey, if someone can come up with a long range remote for my camera, I could send my camera along and take pics from here, tucked safe in my bed, on flat land -    :goldtooth:   Thanks for the vote of confidence with the camera, though, to both John, and Don -     ;)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
batman, remind me to put that bow in the cab. We'll put the Silvertips and Swamprooter back in the truck bed. I have never seen a Hoots bow, looking forward to it.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
Looks good Don as all of Lee's bows do!! Will there be a limited edition of these big guy?? I think I have had one of everything Lee has built, maybe The Batten Edition would be next! Bring home the bacon!

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
chris, I'm sure as long as the orders come in, there will be an unlimited edition of these. LOL

Joey, we may have to put it in the back. Might not have enough room in the cab by the time me and Thomas load our banjos and beer and spit cups.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
LOL - please, Lord, don't let them forget the spit cups -      :D

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
Might not be able to get the Batman Model..but going to try to get Lee to sign my bow before he becomes too famous!  Great looking bows, Lee......every shoot I go to people remark on how great my Addiction looks and shoots!  You and John teamed up and did it right!  That reminds me, I have to call John and order my Slim Jim quiver so my addiction is no longer naked!  Bernie, thanks for the prodding and advice at ATAR about the bows....best money I have spent in a while.  Only problem it shoots carbon and wood equally well..now can't decide which to shoot!

Lee Vivian

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
Lee

I'll be lookin forward to hearing from you buddy! I hope to see you guys at the CTA Hickory shoot also!

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Joebuck might be better off putting the bow up front and Batman in the back. I know from experience the bow will seep out less strange smells on a long trip. Yall have fun and give the birds hell up there Don.
Possum the other white meat

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
LOL - (from what I've heard) - Talk about the kettle calling the pot black -    :D

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©