3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hang on stand replacement cables?? Where to get?  (Read 306 times)

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
Hang on stand replacement cables?? Where to get?
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
This is the best time of year for checking over your tree stands to make sure they are safe.

I noticed my platform cables could use some replacing but I cannot find any sources to buy them from. Any suggestions?
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hang on stand replacement cables?? Where to get?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
If the tree stand manufacturer is still in business, I would try them first.  You can never be to safe in a treestand.  I'm going to make a point of checking mine over pretty carefully this year too.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline Joey Ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hang on stand replacement cables?? Where to get?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
There's no generic replacement cables as they aren't all the same length. And they can vary as how they are attached to the stand.

One suggestion would be to contact the manufacturerer and ask how to recieve a pair for your specific model.

Or, you can purchase the cable and crimps from Lowes, Home Depot, etc.....The most expensive piece would be the acutual crimper tool. But then you could make replacement cables for your buddies, too.   :)
Joey Ward

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©