3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody gotta Bryan Holley bow?  (Read 305 times)

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
Anybody gotta Bryan Holley bow?
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Just wonderin' who else has one of Bryan Holley's bows.  I recently got one of his Spirit recurve bows.  One of our sponsors here, RMSGear, has been sellin' 'em for about 5 yrs. now.  I just heard of 'em, kinda slow I know.  Anyway they seem like pretty nice bows.  The one I just got is 58" and 47# @ 28".  I thought this would be an ideal weight for me and the wife to share.   :knothead:  Wrong....a little too light for me to like, and a little to heavy for the wife.  It does shoot good and is pretty darn accurate.  Here's some pics to give ya a better idea of what they're like....

and another

and one more

So what do yas think ?

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody gotta Bryan Holley bow?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
I have a Spirit longbow by Bryan Holley,   :thumbsup:   62" 40# @ 28" I got it in a trade here on this site. Well finished smooth to the draw and quick for 40#. I am surprised that more folks haven't found out about Bryan's bows, they are really kind'a nice! I would like to try one of his recurves some time!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
I had a Spirit longbow for a while, picked it up at RMS Gear in Denver. Really nice bow, I have just gotten away from the traditional longbow grip. His bows are well made and accurate.

I like the looks of that recurve though!
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
I can't say enough good words about the Spirit bows by Brian Holley!  I bought his Spirit longbow 62" 48# @ 28" last summer and am totally impressed.  They shoot fast and are very quiet.  The bow is extremely stable.  It definitely spits out an arrow with authority!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »
Just got back from stump'n with mine!!   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
I own one of his longbows.Smooth shooter.Took my first two deer with it.No hand shock and spits out a arrow.Mine is 58 at 28.
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline WRV

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
I had a 48# longbow of his and she was a sweet shooter. Its the bow I'm shooting in my picture. Sold her to finance another bow. Lots of bow for the buck.......Randy
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Would any of you guys with a longbow be willin' to make a trade?  I just don't seem to care for curves much anymore.  I started out just shootin' curves, but about a year ago started switchin' to longbows.  Now they just seem to fit me.  :dunno:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
If that was a bit lighter........I bet that if you go to the classifieds with those photos and look for a trade you will find one in a short period of time. At 58" and with my 29" draw it wouldn't work for me. Holley does make a nice shooting bow!!Good luck in your search!

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
I was snooping around on the internet today and came across this thread from several years ago.

Much to my surprise, this Spirit recurve jumped up.  I purchased this bow last spring from a fellow in California.  Seems like it has been all over the country.  

I love shooting it and used it as my primary hunter this fall.  It's the only recurve that I've seen made by Bryan.  I also own one of his longbows and have always been very impressed with it also.  One of the best kept secrets out there.  RMSG (a sponsor) sells  them for Bryan.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
That's cool that it's still being shot and hunted.

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »
Great find Dad, glad you're enjoying it.

Offline Joe03

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
Been shooting A Bryan Holley Longbow for about a month now. All I can say is FANTASTIC.
I was doing well with my recurve and then the Spirit arrived and actually makes me look good. Smooth and dead on first few shots and after a bit of tuning, groups very well, even for an inexperenced shooter like my self.  Joe
Spirit 46# Longbow,
Maddog Mountaineer Longbow

Offline Gerry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
Nice looking bow.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Keith you can't go wrong with a Spirit longbow.

I've owned a couple of them over the years and if I hadn't changed to all straight limbed bows I most likely would still be shooting one.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
The holly bows are very nice. He is a skilled man that is for sure. The Spirit bows are really quiet with good speed and stable. He had a good design that is for sure
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Achilles1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
My B. Holley Spirit longbow.
Can't go wrong, here. [/url] [/IMG]

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©