3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Idaho Curt+FedX Man= New ?  (Read 772 times)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Idaho Curt+FedX Man= New ?
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »

I have fished my entire life and know the value of color, flash and presentation when trying to lure a fish into striking. I feel a bit like a fish right now. While trolling through the threads here on Tradgang I was struck by the glimmer and color of a bait cast by a Master Angler (by the way Curt makes Amazing Exotic Wood Fishing nets). I followed the bait and after a few tentative passes found out that Curt has been building bows for quite a while. He posted some pictures of a Bow he build for one of our soldiers and well, the hook was set      :)    

I have marveled at the woods displayed by Curt. He seems to have a talent for finding the perfect woods that display only what can be described as dazzling displays of Gods Grace! I have copied every post and saved pictures of his woods to help in my choices for other bow builds.

I Love Walnut and Myrtle in all their forms and there are many. Having been a Walnut grower for years I have a particular soft spot and appreciation for it. Curt seems to have a similar connection to these same woods and is a master at finding their secrets.

A while back he posted a picture of a 3pc bow (the soldier’s) that had a very smooth flow and lacked the hardware seen on most other 3pc takedowns. I like the fluid lines of 1pc longbows but also like the portability of 2pc and 3pc bows for travel. It's great to throw a bow in your suit case and hit the road. Curt's bow maintains some of the seamless flow of a one piece and does so with his amazing wood treasures.

Curt found some Walnut very near my Orchard in Northern California. He also found both English and Black samples and sent me pictures. I don't want to sound like Cliff from Cheers but it's interesting to note that most of the older Walnut Orchards would use a Black Walnut root and then would graft an English top to it (in my case Franquette's “it's a variety of walnut"). The English Root can't take having its feet in American soil and is susceptible to Crown Rot      :)      True story!! The American black root is much hardier and resilient. The English varieties bare the nut and are fed by the black root. The cool thing for those of us who obsess over amazing woods is the struggle that occurs at the point of the graft sometimes and makes some Amazing Wild burls and Crazy grain patterns (pressure spot? they kind of go to war). Well Curt is the proverbial Crazy Wood blood hound.

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Idaho Curt+FedX Man= New ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
I feel like a kid on Christmas morning..

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
No teasing....
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
Come on! I work with 3rd graders, we don't wait well! Curt sent some tiger myrtle to South Cox for me,and I agree, he can find some outstanding wood. Can't wait to see your bow!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »

Offline Claym

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
All I can say is wow!    :eek:
-Clay

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Curt is one heck of a craftsman.  I have placed a few orders from Curt and he is just as top notch as KennyM.

Awesome bow to.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Not sure if even WOW says enough!!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
WOW!!!   :notworthy:   Beautimous! If you lay the limbs together do the knots line up to form eyes? The veneers I pick out looked like an owl head with big round eyes when the lams where laid next to each other. That is an amazing combo right there.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
She is Walnut and Myrtle (Walnut and Myrtle splice on the limbs) and 47 email and a dozen or more calls to Curt she is finished. This is the very first bow Curt has build with his LOGO the Hunter. He has been building bows a long time but this is the first Hunter....

She has Kudu tips and a bit of carbon in the core. The first two arrows from the her after sifting thru some I thought were spined close, with no tuning....and here they are...

The only complaint I have is I'm afraid I'm going to scratch her    :(  

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Is she sexy or what?

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
OH WOW!! That is just drop dead sexy gorgeous!  :saywhat:  
I like that one alot!   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Harmless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
Holy smokes !! thats a beauty !!
Hoots custom, lil Hoot
Blackwidow PSA111
Dwyer Dauntless
and a whole bunch of Bears

>>-Shoot Straight-->

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
The riser was build from my hand or PAW print and Curt nailed it   :)  

Look Mom no limbs bolts

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
ooooooo purrrrrdy!  I like the profile too!
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
Absolutly gorgeous That bow is a beauty.
Jeff Couture

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
Thank you Curt the bow is all that an more!!!

Those who want to look here is a slideshow with my Bow the Soldiers Bow and a bunch of SWEET lookin Idaho Curt woods...

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/coaster500/Idaho%20Curt%20Bows/?albumview=slideshow

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
She a beauty for sure!!!! Gorgeous!!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©