3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All Classified Adds and the Administrators New Rule  (Read 882 times)

Offline luvnlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: All Classified Adds and the Administrators New Rule
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »
Having been in a position where I was a person that had a certain amount of control I can understand Terry's comments. What I can't understand is his decision to let this site go somewhere else than he himself felt and dreamed when he and others first started this site.  Without moderation this site will join the rest of them. Ordinary, mundane, and full of the people that will take advantage of the trust of honest folks. Terry, you and the others do a great and thankless job. I hope you reconsider your instructions to other Mods and your feelings about your site.

Offline SourOwl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:00 AM »
TERRY AND YOU OTHER MODS - I DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW YA, NEVER HAVE MET YA, BUT I KNOW YOUR HISTORY, FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN AND LEARNED ON THIS SITE.  BECAUSE OF THAT HISTORY I TRUST YOU GUYS;  AND I DON'T GIVE MY TRUST EASILY.

I AGREED TO THE RULES WHEN I JOINED UP;  I STILL AGREE WITH THE WAY THEY WERE.  I WANT EM BACK.   THANKS FOR LISTENING
SourOwl

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »
I'm pretty new and see the rules as a good thing .. good job guys !!
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »
I am also serving in a foreign country and this is a site where i go to get away from the massive religious murder,corruption, criminal enterprise known as the "middle east".
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 02:34:00 AM »
Sorry, I hit the button by accident.What I wanted to say was, this site needs to remain the same, with rules and regulations. With our young troops dying, and having their arms and legs blown to hell, I can't believe this is even being discussed. What? you dont want any laws in the US? Without laws, rules and regulations, there can be no order, only chaos. Be glad you have both your arms and legs to be able to enjoy archery.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline TradDad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 02:34:00 AM »
Like someone else stated "This is my Facebook"...  I don't get to log as many hours here as I'd like but TOTALLY agree if you can't abide by the rules then get to stepping.  I don't post a lot because I consider myself a n00b, but will chime in when I think I can "help" (working my way to that golden 100).  So nothing new being said but you can add one more to the "I <3 Mods" club.
But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob;(from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:) -Genesis 49:24

Offline stephen / oregon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 02:57:00 AM »
What I do not understand about what happened on the the other thread is this.

For one- I thought we (most) all were in agreement about the problem of an unscrupulous character (the infamous Ollis) who had infiltrated the site and was not behaving like he should here. Let alone like a grown Man in general.

So, a few of us that had a problem (and I might say had $$ on the table with him also) with this guy- worked hard as a team, to remedy the problem. We tracked him down, put heat on him and notified others (mods, authorities and other members) who were about to be scammed also.

This was done to protect our own interest-sure, but was also done to protect the group at large. I can tell you there were a # of members here that were in contact behind the scenes to nail this guy. I know I personally helped (2) guys from sending him $200 each for wool clothing items.

So- and this is my main point that I do not understand. Just when We were successful in stopping the guy and almost everyone has or hopefully will soon be squared away. Maybe financially, but we still came out a little wounded.  

*** so what happens next- the wagons get circled in and we start taking shots. And so they start shooting the messenger(s).

I have some knowledge that even one of the main messengers about this Guy even took a shot recently from one of the moderators on this site. Crazy. I thought we were doing this to try and protect ourselves and other members.

Well, if I knew that was going to be the case, maybe I just would have protected my own interests and just stayed on the sidelines and only looked out for my own interests. You can bet if I ever run into this again (and I hope I never do)- that is what I will strongly think of doing. Even though it is not in my nature to not try and help someone else.

I have bought and sold things here for a while and I have always treated people just like I would want to be treated. And have been treated that way in kind. I have dealt with many upstanding gentlemen, and hope to do so in the future.

But I have to say this thing has opened my eyes a bit -in more ways than one.

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 04:02:00 AM »
As a long time member that has been here from the beginning I want to say I agree with the 100 posts minimum for all the classifieds as others have stated, I also agree with Eric's post regarding a more in-depth registration to begin with if that is whats needed.
Not to much else to add that has not already been said.
This is a great site, let's keep it standing tall and proud...all of it.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »
I think the rules and policing are the best thing to happen in the classifieds, and I also think Terry believes this. Goes without saying they need to be in place. Don't believe this decision is permanent, think it is just to throw a scare in to the general membership. Everyone knows what will happen if the classifieds are allowed to "run amuck". And I don't believe Admin would allow that to happen to a site they have so much time and effort invested in to make it the most respected bowhunting site on the Internet.
If it is allowed to "run amuck", I'll just stop buying used, and deal with the retailers. At least I'll know I'm not being scammed.

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2011, 06:25:00 AM »
One rain does not make a crop.
If it comes to a vote, I vote for keeping the rules.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Offline David Spear

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »
The classifieds are not the most important forum on this website. Hell if were making up imaginary ballots I vote for closing the classifieds down all together. In middle school we learned buyer beware.

Dave
TGMM family of the bow
Member since 6/6/09

Offline Buckhorn47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »
I relayed my feelings on another thread of the same topic, so, I will only say here that I support Mark's)Bowmarks) statement.

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »
Why would anyone want another Archery Talk or Bowfight...
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Offline TWarrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
I not only support the 100 post rule I think it should be 200 to sell a bow. And 100 for all classifieds....I just looked at classifieds and found many listings from people with only 2-4post..Sorry if you join this site to just sell then go pay Flea bay..I think the mods do a great job and I say keep it up...We show support by posting on this site if you can't then go away...

Offline GraniteStater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
I'm copying my reply from the other post in support of the admins..

I'm not informed on what this is about, but I sense their must be some built up frustration regarding something.

I am all for the rules and guidelines, and have nothing but good things to say about the admins. Any dealings I've had with them, they have been patient and cordial. I think they all do a great job, and this site is literally an oasis on the internet. This is the only place I feel 100% comfortable dealing with people, and have yet to regret it.

I hope whatever is going on can be worked out in time, and if people don't like the rules there are plenty of other places to go. The admins care and involvment and rule enforcing assists greatly in making this site what it is, and would hate to see these admins discouraged because of a few rotten apples.

Keep up the good work guys, you guys are the captains of the tradgang ship.
1Peter 5:6,7

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
I am unfortunately getting in a little late on the happenings here regarding the classifieds.

I have given up on the other "trad sties", the moderators and organization here from support, keeping things on track is fantastic.

I agree, as far as the classifieds, you will find the more involved you are here with information, comments etc.  You get to know and see who is here fairly regularly.

The 100 post rule I feel was very good.  As many have said, if someone wants to sign up just to sell/buy gear go to *&*(bay.  That is the place to do it.

I have never had a negative dealings with buying or selling, however everyone has to have some accountability and common sense.  Folks that I don't know that don't want to give there phone number for a description of an item, is one of my redflags.

It seems that there was an issue I missed out on, and caused some frustration by the

FINE GROUP that moderates here keeping this a fantastic spot.

My Hats off to the "all of the Moderators", who put much time and thought into making this the Best Traditional Site on the Net. Period.

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
If I had wanted a change I would Have asked for one,I knew what I was getting into when I joined this site,you follow the rules, if your not willing to do that then see ya.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
I am all for the rules.  This is a great site with 99% great people.  The rules help protect us against the 1% that are looking to take advantage.  

The site is also not a democracy since it is Terry & company's.  If someone does not like the rules and wants them to go away, they can too.  There are plenty of sites without rules.

My opinion.

Dave

Offline 30pointbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
Im all for keeping the rules in place. This site is without a dought the best site on the web, and have the best members out there. Im proud to be part of an elite family.    :clapper:    :clapper:
Dale

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
I've been a member here since the first day and have watched it grow way beyond our expectations. The amount of work to ride herd on 30,000+ must be huge.  So I think all we ask is that when the company (tradgang) does something like help track down a scammer that a little respect be shown.  There were a couple of individuals on the original thred that decided that it was better to take shots at the TradGang and defend a crook.

If I'd been in charge they would have hit the road then and there.  

The folks here need and want the protection provided by the rules and possible the expansion of them to include all listings.

So I throw my support as a friend, member, supporter and sponsor behind using the rules as laid out before last night.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©