3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All Classified Adds and the Administrators New Rule  (Read 883 times)

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: All Classified Adds and the Administrators New Rule
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
I am all for the rules.  This is a great site with 99% great people.  The rules help protect us against the 1% that are looking to take advantage.  

The site is also not a democracy since it is Terry & company's.  If someone does not like the rules and wants them to go away, they can too.  There are plenty of sites without rules.

My opinion.

Dave

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
Posted in the other similar thread*************

If you have many rules then it takes lots of monitoring. The rules were put in place because of past problems. I'm not sure how many admins there are on this site, but it appears the workload became too much and complaints were too many.

My thanks go out to the admins for their dedication and hard efforts to keep this place the way it was when I joined up.

Maybe the admins need some help so their job isn't too burdensome. I am on the site alot just to read and learn and have had several transactions on the site without getting burned or burning anyone. I like posting back and forth with like minded people. I don't have the time it takes to be a good moderator. Maybe some of you do and you could PM Terry to offer assistance if he were so inclined.

I do think a sticky at the top of the classifieds for POSITIVE transactions might be a way to go. If you buy from that section, then post about the seller and visa versa.

Posting something negative about someone that is unproven and turns out to be untrue could place Tradgang in a liability position. That is a burden this site and the admins do not need.

I'll still buy from the classifieds. When the right southpaw bow appears that I can't resisit I'll do my homework before committing.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
I agree with Wingnut 110%. Change sometimes is not a good thing. Case in point ; "Look at what all that "Hopey Changey Mess" up in Washington that we got now   :scared: . Props to all that have kept the site in order, I appreciate it.

Lanier
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
I am for the rules and want to thank all who help make this site special.

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
I am all for keeping the all the rules as they weed out 99+% of the "dirtbags". I worry very little on any buy,sell or trade so think that the 100 post is a good idea. On other sites some will brag about being kicked off here but after reading most of their posts its easy to see why. I really wouldnt want to sit and share a cup of coffee with these idiots let alone be stuck for a week in an outfitters camp with them.

To Terry, Rob, and the rest of the guys.....Job Well Done!!!!!
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by wingnut:
I've been a member here since the first day and have watched it grow way beyond our expectations. The amount of work to ride herd on 30,000+ must be huge.  So I think all we ask is that when the company (tradgang) does something like help track down a scammer that a little respect be shown.  There were a couple of individuals on the original thred that decided that it was better to take shots at the TradGang and defend a crook.

If I'd been in charge they would have hit the road then and there.  

The folks here need and want the protection provided by the rules and possible the expansion of them to include all listings.

So I throw my support as a friend, member, supporter and sponsor behind using the rules as laid out before last night.

Mike
I Ccannot echo those statements enough!! Well said Mike!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
Thanks for all the hard work mod's!!!!

Keep the rules!!!

I have been busy.  Must have missed something. I am going to have to catch up some.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
I've been a member here since the first day and have watched it grow way beyond our expectations. The amount of work to ride herd on 30,000+ must be huge.  So I think all we ask is that when the company (tradgang) does something like help track down a scammer that a little respect be shown.  There were a couple of individuals on the original thred that decided that it was better to take shots at the TradGang and defend a crook.

The folks here need and want the protection provided by the rules and possible the expansion of them to include all listings.

So I throw my support as a friend, member, supporter and sponsor behind using the rules as laid out before last night.

Mike
Yep,  I agree.

God Bless,   Pierre
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
With OR without the rules, just ask for references. When dealing on this site, I usually give references or ask for them if I don't know the person I am dealing with. I have yet to have a problem. If the seller or buyer can't get several well known people to vouch for them, then don't deal.

Whatever the rules or lack there-of. Use common sense and it will likely be fine.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
I always thought the 100 post rule should have applied to all classifieds areas,not just bows.I think all fourms that run classifieds should impose such a rule.Kudos to the admin.
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »

Mike
I can not say it any better.
Bill

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
First off I want to say thanks to all the moderators. I work in IT myself and know how thankless a job it is. The best you can hope for is to be ignored.

But having said that I also liked the rules regarding the classified. It gives me a sense on security that I don't feel when buying on the other sites.

Offline trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »

Mike
DITTO
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »
The "100 posts" rule to be able to post an AD in the classified trad forum never ruffled my feathers. I thought it was a good rule and still think that way.

Without that rule, I would have to see how many posts the guy has who's selling a bow or whatever and then I would have to look at his posts and see if they have some meaning. If most of his posts are "TTT" stuff, I'd be hesitant to make a purchase from him.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Reading Terry's last post really bothered me,it was like the bad guy had won.The Mods do a thankless job here, simply for the love of traditional archery.
I hope Tradgang continues down the same path it's been on,and Terry runs it as he and the others see fit.I've learned a lot here and it's made my trad archery life more enjoyable-THANKS !

Leland

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
I am fairly new to the site. But in the last year I have become obsessed with traditional shooting. I stay on tradgang every chance that I get. It is better than any other site on the web. I thank all the guys that help make my new journey through traditional archery an enjoyable one. Would love to see it stay the same as it has always been.

Thanks Josh
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Life is too short to spend it sorting out convoluted arguments about "who did what". I'm fine with the decision, and probably would've done it years ago. This is Trad Gang...not "Trade Game". Distractions are not needed.

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
x __ (however many there are ahead of me)lol. Keep up the good work T and the rest of the upstanding Gang! I haven't been here as long as some but I have been here longer than others and I remember when I started there wasn't many problems on here and now it seems like the bottom feeders have sneaked in. I hope that sounds to you guys how it sounded in my head,lol. Anyways THANK YOU TRADGANG for the last 5 years. Can't wait to see what the next 5 will bring!
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
It is what it is!

Terry and the mods have done all they can by posting warnings of who has done bad in the past to warnings of how you should buy from a trusted member.
  As in life you can't have someone hold your hand, they did the best they could,and went far beyond what was required of them in investigating issues. It falls down to basic text deal with who you know and trust.Would you hire a stranger to watch your kids? no you would talk with them and find out what kind of person they are and make a decision based on your experience and other who you trust.

This is an open internet that the feds can't even control how the heck do you think Terry and the boys can do it. The bay doesn't have mods.
Now I think everyone will be more careful of who they do business with.

Terry and the mods Thanks for what you did to try and make it protected for us. Its time you cut the apron strings and let us grow and learn from our own experiences.IMHO Tim
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
Quote..."I've been a member here since the first day and have watched it grow way beyond our expectations. The amount of work to ride herd on 30,000+ must be huge. So I think all we ask is that when the company (tradgang) does something like help track down a scammer that a little respect be shown. There were a couple of individuals on the original thred that decided that it was better to take shots at the TradGang and defend a crook.

Mike "

I couldn't agree more...

Terry, I haven't been a member here since the first day but don't let scammers, whiners or the inconsiderate win... I truly appreciate yours and the mods efforts to keep order, honesty and integrity on Tradgang and I truly hope you will reconsider...

Kip
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©