3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All Classified Adds and the Administrators New Rule  (Read 881 times)

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: All Classified Adds and the Administrators New Rule
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Mike hit it on the head.

There were a few jabs at the admins from people that clearly had little or no knowledge of what was going on with this Ollis guy but choose to pipe in defending a certified scammer at the expense of our admins that were doing a good job for all those that had unpleasant dealings with Ollis and prevent anyone else for getting scammed.  Why people don’t think things through before they push enter is beyond me!

Based on the way it is currently set up to get approval to post bow classifieds, I would think imposing a 100 post minimum on all classifieds, with the same criteria, would actually make the job of administrating classified easier.

I would support the 100 min posts to use  all TradGang classified and if you need to bump it to 200, I’d support that too even though I don’t have 200 posts…but I know for sure I like this site enough to do whatever is required to earn the ability to use it!

Thanks to all Admins for all your hard work and dedication to keeping this the premier Traditional archery site!

SteveC
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline Cool Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
I can't imagine where Terry and crew found the energy to moniter this site like they have. God bless em. Hope they can find it their hearts to comtinue. Betcha the outlaws are excited now that the henhouse is not tended.
  Larry

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
If anyone wants go to the classified pages they will be able to read the rules.

http://tradgang.com/classifiedsrules/

I just did!

I will not deal with anyone who isn't following them.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I thought the 100 post rule was good for us, the TradGang community, since it gave us/members a gauge of sorts when dealing with folks......however....I feel like Terry and the other mods took more crap than I personally would have.
You think you're doing everyone a favor by setting rules and standards, then catch flack over doing it.

I tip my hat to Terry and all the mods for their time and hard work running this place, and trying to sift through the rift raft and dirtbags, then folks want to gripe, pi$$ and moan when the rules are instituted and enforced for OUR protection....come on folks.....you DO NOT look a gift horse in the mouth.

I hate to see the 100 post rule removed, but I totally understand where Terry is coming from.
Patience is not my strong suit. When I try to help someone and they keep bucking me, I'll throw my hands up and say to hell with it a lot sooner than Terry did.

I've been around here a long time, but I always use caution when buying or selling, and I've had nothing but nice, smooth deals on TG, and most of that was prior to the 100 post rule. You have to take some responsibility upon yourself deciding who to deal with it to start with.

I hate to see the rule no longer in effect, but I also understand Terry's position....we all have the same limits, there comes a time when it's time to say enough is enough.

Online happy1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
I am for keeping the rules in place.  This is the best site on the web.  Terry and the Moderators are doing a great job and thanks for all the time spent running Trad Gang.
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
I'm not knocking any one that says

"we need to keep the rules"

But it is the moderators that have to do the work. That's the problem.  There's just not enough time in the day to get things accomplished.

And I can understand with family and obligations to work,It's a difficult task.

And if you start charging membership fees, You enter into a whole new ballgame. Yes it makes it easier because you don't have the pressure of getting the ads and all that.

My biggest fear, Someone will come and buy out Trad gang. I think terry and all the moderators have done a fantastic job with Tradgang website.

I think the rule should stay in place,Or be increased,

And the whiners can just put a cork on it.

I've had a business in the past and it was the
 1% to 3% that the rules were made for. This is a great site and I have a lot of friends on here.  

And I'm not the easiest guy to get along with or understand !

I've been coming here since fall of 2006, And joined in 2007, Rules are rules ,They're not made to break,And they humble those that are thinking about breaking the rules ,Ok they are supposed to.

But what is needed the most is time for terry and the moderators, And that's something we can't give them.

I know I spend more time on Trad gang that any place else , And that's because it's the best

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
This is a shame.. I do understand the Mods, but this makes me sad!
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
We could ask people with no posts other then on the classifieds to take there stuff elsewhere and mark the ad "do not buy"

I did it with one a little while ago.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
I like having the rules and the mods looking out for us it's a safty blanket that make sus feel safe. It's what separates this site from others.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline bsoper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2011, 02:38:00 AM »
Even if you don't want to mod the classifieds site as intensely as was done in the past, I think the 100 post count should stay. It doesn't require any active moderation, and should help keep out most of the rif raf  :p

Thanks for all you guys do to make this site awesome. I have only been here a month, and have learned tons of stuff already.
~Brock

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »
I don't buy much off classifieds, have sold a few things, and valued the experience and people I've met.

It's been said dozens of ways and I'm glad that people recognize this simple fact: The amount of money, time, energy that Terry and Rob put into this has to be horrific over the years!!!!

For the first years, there were no Corporate sponsors --- just private money doing it all for US!

The volunteer time of the mods has to be the most thankless gig going!

As for rules: it's been alluded to above--- Rules are made to TRY to control 5% of the people who will find a way around the rules 95% of the time!!

I'm sad to see the NO MOD change to the advertising, but those who've been around might recall there was a consideration to shut down the Classifieds entirely some time back...

I guess unmoderated is better than no ads at all, for those who so love to buy, try, buy, sell and swap bows.

If I had the cash, I'd probably do it some too, but I marvel at the depth of experience the guys who seem "addicted" to bow selling/buying have gained thru their adventures in trading bows.

To them, my hats off and I wish them well --
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline MercilessMing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
The 100 posts is a very good reference to the seller and buyer.  Each time I decide to buy or trade something, those posts show a holistic view of the person I am going to deal with.  It's sad to see the rule is changed.  Just have to do more digging and reference going forward.

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
I have been here for a long time, I didn't post a lot because of other obligations.
I did visit and read a lot of posts, I've learned a lot, and have made a few personal friends on here, and for that I am thankful.
We are a community, drawn together because of our passions. Because we are a community, like,(and unlike) others, we seek the comraderie, the knowledge, and the protection of a community.  Hense the need for some one to provide guidance, in our daily interaction within our community.  Like any other community, if you break the laws, you get reprimanded, or ousted if you can not or will not come in to line with the rules of the community.
Differences will abound within the community, ie; which is better wood or carbon, tied vs clamp on nocks, re-curves vs long bows.  These are the things which bring us together and maintain the community that we all have created by our decision to be here.
I e-mailed the mods with a request to post, after I had made my 100 posts, and it was granted.  Why? I had not sold or bought anything on here before, no one said,"He is a great guy".
I don't know what other if any criteria that is used to grant that privledge, but it was granted, and I take the great pride in the fact that the community, through our mods trusted in me so that I could participate.
The 100 posts are in my opinion the only venue that can be used to see just how comitted we are to our community.

I agree with Mudd,"If anyone wants go to the classified pages they will be able to read the rules.

http://tradgang.com/classifiedsrules/

I just did!

I will not deal with anyone who isn't following them.

God bless,Mudd"

Thanks so very much for the sacrifices that you make as mods, but after being on here, it is a labor of love as I see it.

Via con Dios
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
I support the mods decision as they have a difficult enough job. I may not like it but will support it. A sincere thank you for the job you are doing.

Mike has a good idea, self moderate  the classifieds by not buying from someone with less than 100 posts and a positive review of them by the buyer. Otherwise like Terry said buyer beware.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Three Finger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Let's keep the rules the way they are. I think it keeps the scammers away.
US Army AIRBORNE 95-98
Woodland Hunter 58"48#@28
Hoyt Dorado 55#@28

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by DeerSpotter:

My biggest fear, Someone will come and buy out Trad gang. I think terry and all the moderators have done a fantastic job with Tradgang website.

:clapper:          :clapper:          :clapper:    

Carl
Don't even scare me with the fear of tradgang getting bought out !  One of my other hobbies is vintage (1950 - 1969) schwinn bikes, the schwinn bike forum is owned by schwinn, well schwinn has been bought and sold out a couple of times now and the current owners have let the inmates run the asylum ! It used to be a first class vintage bike forum with a lot of classy members (just like we have here) the average age of a member was mid 40's and up, Well the hoodlums have now taken over due to lack of rules, us senior bike collectors have scattered and moved on to smaller forum's but it is not like it used to be, no activity to speak of as our membership is scattered, What I am saying is, we need rules to keep out the low lifers as they will take over. I have seen it happen at the Schwinn forum, please don't let it happen here.
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©