3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post  (Read 1139 times)

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
I'm not sre how to word this... But we as a family here need our "mothers". (admins)

I just saw the new post by Terry on the bow classifieds.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=043642

This next statement is absolutely not targeted at the admins here, but if the general public's police department stopped doing their job after a few... well A LOT of rotten apples complained about their laws... well... society would go to hell!

100 post rule?... The best thing that ever happened to the bow classifieds...

Admins "policing" the classifieds?... Absolutely 180º from useless. The most needed thing in my opinion.

People constantly complaining about the admins restrictions on Tradgang?.... You know where the door is fellas, we are a family here. And the "mothers" of our family have VOLUNTARILY taken it upon theirselves to make Tradgang a safe and "on track" place for the thousands of "children" that are members here. SHOW SOME RESPECT!

[Off my soapbox]

I speak for 99% of Tradgang here when I say... "Thank You Admins!!!!!!" We need your guidance to make Tradgang... well... Tradgang!

Much appreciated.
Matt

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
I hope cooler heads will prevail.  

I think the silent majority would rather have the rules. It is what keeps this site going forward in a positive manner. Allowing the classifieds to "Run amuck" would be a dishonor to the site in which you, and every one of it's members, have created...A great place to come to getaway from everything in daily life and be with a bunch of like minded folks.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
Well worded.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
I wish I had done this good at my attempt at writing out my thoughts that I've already posted on the other similar thread.

Well said...... Thank you!

:archer:

PS: My original post;

Hey "T"...

You know I love this place and am all about keeping it a family safe place.

we (The Tradgang family) have to get out of the (this is all about me mode of thinking) and start putting our family good ahead of ourselves.

The rules are for the good of the whole.

So what if one or more rules creates a momentary problem for a couple people. (me included)

We can and will get over it if it means tradgang is the better for all of us.

God bless,Mudd

PS: I do hope that you know how very much we appreciate all that you and the moderators do to keep this site what it is, The very best out here!
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
I do not normally speak out but I must dissagree with this new rule.
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
X6  !!

:clapper:

TG did not come this far by accident...and will survive... and grow because of careful and thoughtful oversight.   Period.    

I will ALWAYS be supportive regardless of how I may feel about any issue at any time.

How can it be any other way?

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
I'd like to see the safeguards stay in place, but, unlike the police department, the moderators/administrators here don't do tradgang for a living.  I can only imagine the frustration.

:dunno:
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline postman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »
Didn't like the rule at first, but now I see that it is needed. Do feel safer buying from trad-gang classifieds than any other site. Trad-gang is the first site I go to when I check computer each day, it is like a second home.

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »
When one or more "children" of a family mis-behave, complains about the house rules, crosses the line... What do the people running the household do??!??

Punish the house as a whole...

It is a much needed re-action, to a sub-par action.

Terry & Company are re-acting in a much needed fashion. If you were constantly under scruntiny about something that you knew you were doing to perfection... what would you do?

The current status of the classifieds is 100% justified. Maybe the "whiners" will learn something from all this.

Wanna sell a bow "whiners"?? Get more involved in Tradgang and get to 100 posts... Maybe a few of the people complaining about the 100 post rule will get burned from the absence of Admin Involvement in the bow classifieds... That'll change their tune.

Terry & Company - I would do the same thing under the circumstances. Hopefully this isn't permanent. Stay the course....

Online Daz

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been a long time coming, or due to just one or two newer incidents, but i can only imagine some of the nonsense that our admin and mods have been subjected to.

Do i agree with them leaving the asylum to the lunatics? No.

Do i blame them? No.

All is know is that i have learned a lot, made some amazing friends, and swapped some great trad gear here. And i really don't want to see it become less than the great place it is.
Less anger, more troubleshooting...

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
Terry,
I wish to express my thanks, and appreciation for all the hard work you do.
I realize that it is hard to do the job that you do, and there is little thanks.
Read the foregoing, and know that your efforts on our behalf are not taken lightly, and I for one will miss your moderation.
What ever your decision, rest assured that I for one will honor it, and back you and the rest of the mods, in any and all ways possible.
Thanks for all that you do.
Pepper
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Jeffh67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
As you can see I am far from having 100 posts.  I have however purchased a bow, two quivers and some arrows through Tradgang.  I am sorry to hear about the new rule, but I do understand the frustration that must be felt by our administrators.  Just wanted you guys to know not all newbies are whiners and some are just enjoying a new found enjoyment in a great sport!
"What will be, will be"

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Matt

I agree 100%

The rules are set by the guy who owns the ball. Live with it. There is no reason for discusion.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
I am new here but just want to say I have never been to a better classified section, I appreciate the hard work that is done and hope things here do not take a turn for worse,

Scott...
We're making what once seemed impossible, simple. And what was once simple, impossible.~Me

Member Oklahoma Longbowmen

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 11:12:00 PM »
It is a sad day for Trad Gang. However, I do, to some extent, understand the level of frustration and could see this happening some time back. Perhaps, one day, the gate keepers will return. Until that happens, any trading, buying or selling that I do will only be with those that I know and have already established a track record on honesty, integrity and ethics.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
I'd like to see the rules remain as they were. I appreciate the hard work it must take to keep this place going smoothly.
Lets also keep it a place where we all can express our opinions, whatever they may be, in the course of a discussion. Thats how we learn form one another.

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Although I am new to this forum, I am not new to forums in general. I have never seen a friendlier, accepting, helpful,  and giving forum or a nicer more trustworthly and plain aol good people than TG is. I think that is a combo of all the Good members and the awesome Nods that keep out the trash. Personally I think the 100 post for all classifieds is a great idea (and I don't even have 100 posts yet) and I think the only reason someone would be against it us if they wanted to just show up and sell things,  but as we've seen that's how the trash gets in.

As for standing up for a low life like the afore mentioned scammer, maybe those people aren't oposed to actions like that, but for the majority of hard working, honest, dependable members here, it wont be tolerated.

The close knit brotherhood that Trad Gang exemplifies is not possible without the mods working their tails off and everyone sticking together.

Mods, please don't let the whining of few end up ruining our great site you've all worked so hard for. Im sure the grateful masses on here would feel the same

All this is JMHO, YMMV

Fin
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
Dead nuts straight on here brother! You got a bitch about how it's run.., hit the door! This is one of the strong suits about TG...the tireless policing for our best interests. I've been called on infractions myself & hold no animosity! Right is right & those in the right should have no complaints about how Terry wants to do business.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ric O'Shay:
It is a sad day for Trad Gang. However, I do, to some extent, understand the level of frustration and could see this happening some time back. Perhaps, one day, the gate keepers will return. Until that happens, any trading, buying or selling that I do will only be with those that I know and have already established a track record on honesty, integrity and ethics.

Danny
Danny, I feel the same way. The Mods here are great. And, unlike other sites, TradGang was a safe place to buy, sell or trade. Too bad that some bad apples spoiled the basket. TradGang is where I have met some of the most honest and caring people in the world.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
Terry;; Thank you for all your hard work. Don't let a few spoil a very good thing,, I will do my part and not deal with anyone with no track record, I believe if you give up it will be the beginning of the end!
Gord

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©