3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post  (Read 1141 times)

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
Ditto Ric O'Shay's post. Exactly how I feel about this matter.
Chuck

Offline SourOwl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 12:40:00 AM »
I'M WITH DANNY;  IMHO, THE SITE IS LESSENED WITHOUT THE MODS.  THE RULES WERE NEEDED; WITHOUT THEM, I'LL NOT BUY FROM UNKNOWNS NOW.  I DOUBT IF MANY WILL.  SOUROWL
SourOwl

Offline stephen / oregon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 03:00:00 AM »
***I also posted this on the other thread that was started tonight in reaction the the Ollis deal.

What I do not understand about what happened on the the other thread is this.

For one- I thought we (most) all were in agreement about the problem of an unscrupulous character (the infamous Ollis) who had infiltrated the site and was not behaving like he should here. Let alone like a grown Man in general.

So, a few of us that had a problem (and I might say had $$ on the table with him also) with this guy- worked hard as a team, to remedy the problem. We tracked him down, put heat on him and notified others (mods, authorities and other members) who were about to be scammed also.

This was done to protect our own interest-sure, but was also done to protect the group at large. I can tell you there were a # of members here that were in contact behind the scenes to nail this guy. I know I personally helped (2) guys from sending him $200 each for wool clothing items.

So- and this is my main point that I do not understand. Just when We were successful in stopping the guy and almost everyone has or hopefully will soon be squared away. Maybe financially, but we still came out a little wounded.  

*** so what happens next- the wagons get circled in and we start taking shots. And so they start shooting the messenger(s).

I have some knowledge that even one of the main messengers about this Guy even took a shot recently from one of the moderators on this site. Crazy. I thought we were doing this to try and protect ourselves and other members.

Well, if I knew that was going to be the case, maybe I just would have protected my own interests and just stayed on the sidelines and only looked out for my own interests. You can bet if I ever run into this again ( and I hope I never do)- that is what I will strongly think of doing. Even though it is not in my nature to not try and help someone else.

I have bought and sold things here for a while and I have always treated people just like I would want to be treated. And have been treated that way in kind. I have dealt with many upstanding gentlemen, and hope to do so in the future.

But I have to say this thing has opened my eyes a bit -in more ways than one.

Offline SlowArrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 03:38:00 AM »
Okay - I am really new here......but I spend too much time in different forums to have a sense that this is a special place.  Moderators jobs are usually thankless, but so needed to keep the site safe and someplace that everyone can use.  My favorite sites are heavily moderated, not so much for content - but for attitude and integrity.  I think that is what is being attempted here.

For me, I'll watch and learn and try to fit in over time.  Thanks to the  Admins and Moderators for caring enough to put up with the frustrations.
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

TGMM Family of the Bow

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 06:20:00 AM »
I am guilty of being silent on this. All to often it is the whiners that make the most noise;
I have always apreciated the rules that kept this site. I think we take the moderators for granted, there is a lot of work that goes into this site.
 That being said I think the 100 post rule was a great idea. I would even make it 100 posts of ten words or more and not count posts that say "ttt" or just the word "ditto"

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
Why don't we just get together and not buy anything from someone with under 100 posts. We really don't need the mods to do that. We could just spread the word. I think it is a great policy. I for one would never buy anything from someone with no track record. I don't need the mods to do that.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »
You guys have nothing more than my utmost respect; I have been an admin on a discussion board site before and let me tell you it's no easy task, especially when the banhammer starts falling. It takes a lot of time and effort behind the scenes to keep a site running right and I have seen guys take pot-shots at us (back then but people don't change much) under the supposition of "sticking it to the man" and "that's not fair" and even "this is a violation of free speech". Don't let them drag you down, being a member and posting to a site is a lot like driving a car, it's not a right it's a privilege and as such can be taken away, just ask anyone who has gotten a DUI.

Whatever you guys decide to do is up to you, I will support you 100% (funny how that respect thing works, eh?   :)    ) but if you bring back the 100 post rule I think it would be in the best interest of the gang, it goes a long way in keeping the dirtbag scammers out. I can't tell you how happy I was when I stumbled across this site, finally a place on the 'net where there were honest people with integrity much like the people I would meet and know when I used to spend the summers with my grandparents in Northern Alabama, it was like a breath of fresh air.

Sorry about the wall of text - you guys have my support in whatever you do, it's your site and decision. Just don't let the haters drag you down, because as the picture shows, it's all they do   :)  

If there's anything I can do to help you guys out just holler     :)  

--Johnny
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 06:55:00 AM »
Hopefully the testimonials in these threads as to how great a site Terry and the boys are running will give them cause to reconsider not letting go of the reins.  This is the most well run site I've ever been a member of and, like all of you.....I'd hate to see that change, and their years of hard work deteriorate.  

If for some reason this is the new world order here at TG, then every one of us needs to play volunteer moderator to keep the classifieds what they were intended to be. I will still buy/sell actively through these pages as I believe we have folks of the highest ethics as the norm, and one bad apple doesn't shake my confidence in this population as a whole.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Online Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »
It's a condition of use....I lost all of my previous post count when the site was changed. (Check out member number vs thread count) I can't do anything about it.  It just happened with the change.  I regret it but I accept it as such.  I just won't sell anything for a while...
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »
Rob and Rick have said my views. We'll have to police ourselves. We have to look out for each other. I will do business still on the classifieds but will a lot more scrupulous as to who and will do more research on a person before I do it. If enough folks volunteer then maybe we can take some pressure off the rest and try and give a little back to Terry and the Mods. Shameful that folks gets something for nothing and still complain.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
I also hope the Mods do take hold of the reigns again on the classifieds.  However, if they choose not too, you can take a simple measure to help protect yourself.  Do a search on the name of the person you are dealing with and you can probably get a good idea about their character and if they only use this site for buying/selling.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
We don't need our mommies.  If that is how you look at admin no wonder they said to heck with it.  I don't know what happened to prevoke Terry's ire, nothing I have read on site shows an indication, I assume some PMs we are not piviy to.  None the less, admin is not here to change your diaper or kiss your finger when it gets cut.  Grow up.  We are suppose to be adults.  If you sell something, send it.  If you buy something, pay for it.  If you offend someone, apollogize.  If someone offends you, get over it.  Do it all promptly and in an adult fashion.  Give admin a break.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline David Spear

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
Well said Al.
TGMM family of the bow
Member since 6/6/09

Offline Buckhorn47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 07:44:00 AM »
I am another who greatly supports the efforts made by Terry Green and the other moderators to develop this site into what it is today. I would likely be considered to be one of the "silent majority" types who does more listening and looking than saying a lot. Every segment of society requires rules to operate and an overseer of the rules to make sure the rules are followed. That good advice is given along the way to those on the "edge" of breaking the rules, is a bonus.

When our Community overseers surrender this needed mentoring,we take a step backward in the proper evolution of a Community.

Terry, and Administrators, we need your involvement and guidance. The rule " breakers" and those that disagree will pay for their own misdeeds in the future. Experience teaches that if one breaks the rules on a site such as this, they have broken other rules (laws) elsewhere which will undoubtedly lead to their demise. I, for one and, as you see by many others, appreciate your efforts and certainly understand your frustration. Thank you!

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 07:48:00 AM »
I like the 100 post rule.
 It kind of gives you an idea of the person your dealing with.
 Never been burnt on this site and always make new friends with any sale/purchase.  :thumbsup:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »
If the 100 post count rule works well for the tradbow classifieds, then it should work equally well for all of the other classifieds.
N/A

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
N/A

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »
I liked the 100 post before selling in the classifieds and I know it takes much for the Mods to keep a check on things but we can do our homework as well here...I think as a team we all can ask around about new members and if something smells fishy then don't take a bite....I try to do my homework in every deal and even check other sites for alias names etc.We can all monitor our dealings with others and be our own police and take a bite out of "slime" I meant crime...I only had 100% good trades and sales here and appreciate every effort that the Mods/Admin. take....We are a "TradGang" and like most Gangs we watch the others back...If you ever want to make a deal with me I will more then likely give you the better end of the deal and add some extra strings,bow wax or an arrowhead in my dealings...I don't take advantage of the trade..Heck I have been known to give two bows to sweeten a deal...Terry when I first came here I was a little confused but learned the rules and obey them and that's why we have them so things don't get out of hand...Thank all who have kept us safe in the past...God Bless, Keefer's <")))><

Offline 30pointbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
I agree, if the admin. stop policeing the site it will invite the bad apples in. Since i've joined Trad Gang. i have never had a bad deal or gotten ripped off, The rules are in place for a reason, Now i wonder if a feedback section should be in place so we as honest members can monitor those bad deal apples. Thanks admin for all you do.

Dale.
Dale

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
I've never understood the attitude of members of any forum thinking owners/administrators have a duty to provide a monitered classified section and be responsible for it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©