3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post  (Read 1136 times)

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
Al,

You're right, we don't need our police departments, government, or our military either... Those other countries and the bad people of society should just behave like adults... Well a small minority don't behave, so you're wrong... we do need them.

Get burned once or twice b/c Admins have stopped working the classifieds... Then come talk.

No, No...It is mentalities like you just described that has pushed Terry & Company over the edge. "We don't need them"...?!

Real grateful attitude you got there. 99% of members here "Pay when they buy, apologize when they offend, & send items they sell..." that is because the admins high standards they hold for all of us. Remove that, and the garbage will come flocking in numbers.

Offline GraniteStater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
I'm not informed on what this is about, but I sense their must be some built up frustration regarding something.

I am all for the rules and guidelines, and have nothing but good things to say about the admins.  Any dealings I've had with them, they have been patient and cordial.  I think they all do a great job, and this site is literally an oasis on the internet.  This is the only place I feel 100% comfortable dealing with people, and have yet to regret it.

I hope whatever is going on can be worked out in time, and if people don't like the rules there are plenty of other places to go.  The admins care and involvment and rule enforcing assists greatly in making this site what it is, and would hate to see these admins discouraged because of a few rotten apples.

Keep up the good work guys, you guys are the captains of the tradgang ship.
1Peter 5:6,7

Offline wislnwings

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
I like the 100 post rule for the same reasons already stated.  This site has always been a great source of info and good people and I hope it stays that way.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
If you have many rules then it takes lots of monitoring. The rules were put in place because of past problems. I'm not sure how many admins there are on this site, but it appears the workload became too much and complaints were too many.

My thanks go out to the admins for their dedication and hard efforts to keep this place the way it was when I joined up.

Maybe the admins need some help so their job isn't too burdensome. I am on the site alot just to read and learn and have had several transactions on the site without getting burned or burning anyone. I like posting back and forth with like minded people. I don't have the time it takes to be a good moderator. Maybe some of you do and you could PM Terry to offer assistance if he were so inclined.

I do think a sticky at the top of the classifieds for POSITIVE transactions might be a way to go. If you buy from that section, then post about the seller and visa versa.

Posting something negative about someone that is unproven and turns out to be untrue could place Tradgang in a liability position. That is a burden this site and the admins do not need.

I'll still buy from the classifieds. When the right southpaw bow appears that I can't resisit I'll do my homework before committing.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
Well the barn doors are open.  I just went to the bow classifieds and we already have a brand new member listing a bow.

Sad day on TradGang.  It's going to hit the fan.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
Without moderators this will not be the same site. Their job is exhaustive it is not just the classifieds as some said    Why not just get together and agree not to buy from someone with less than 100 posts. That won't work because it is a only a part of what monitors do. They also keep out compound bow threads, other types of hunting, screening new apps. Personally posting personal avatars, preventing people posting whatever they please so that we have a nice trad bow site, and all voluntary. Not and easy job but one I am greatful for. Thanks again to the moderators.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep the 100 post rule.  :pray:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
I also hope Terry will reconsider the suspension of the rules regulating the classified on this site and expand the rule to all classifieds on this site. All trade throughout the world requires regulations for transactions to occur smoothly and with integrity. To suspend the rules regulating the classified on this site opens the door to more people like Ollis to come here and deceive people, plus I don't think this site would last very long without the rules to guide the membership and that would be a great loss to the traditional archery world and this community.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
It's simply C#$p, I don't blame anyone but the people who make the Admin's life miserable. To be fair I will have to agree with a few that my purchasing or trading will be severely limited if at all.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline petertschantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
I liked the 100 post rule, even though it stopped me from posting a bow here. Didn't have any problem with it at all.

I'll have to agree with LongStick64, I'll still be looking at post counts when looking at the classifieds....

Pete
TwoTracks Ambush 49#@28"

Offline rholzie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
PLEASE bring back the 100 post rule! If someone has issues with it then they can take their dealings elsewhere!.. I have to admit that I did not "get it" or even "like it" at first myself! I just wanted to sell a couple of bows right away too, only to get new ones that were and are constantly "dangling" in front of me here on this awesome site! But during and after my first 100 posts...I discovered that there was much more than simply "buying and selling" bows and such! Being a member here on Tradgang has helped deepened my passion for the sport! This whole "addiction" process has also strengthened my relationships with my family and friends...old and new! I believe this type of healthy passion naturally "breeds" integrity!    Having this integrity naturally "breeds" scrupples! That's what we hope for and "expect" from ALL members on this site! But we must keep in mind, that buying, selling, or trading are ONLY a small perk of being members here on Tradgang! This is, BAR NONE, the best site on the planet! Please come back Terry! (and close the "barn doors")! We are all behind you! Robin
~Whisperstik MojoStik~
~Predator Hunter~
~'70 Kodiak Mag~
~Centaur~
~Kanati~

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
When trading gentleman do your home work we may have lost one of our best tools to keep this place right... I truly hope not but can't say as I blame Terry and the Mods for throwing their hands up an walking away... I don't know that I would have taken the crap as long as they did. Man!!!!  I hate it when the bad guys win  :(
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
I too like the 100 post rule...I've have nothing but good luck when I buy or sell a bow.  I always look at how many post the person I am dealing with and go into their profile to make sure I'm comfortable with who I'm dealing with.

Keep Up the good work...Thank You!

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
man that really sucks, im constantly looking on here for bows to buy. and i like that it can feel semi safe about those im buying from. we are going to have to be tighter now just to police ourselves. i do understand that this is a forum and not a buisness website, and that the main reason for the gang was to share and learn from one another. the classifieds was just a perk.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
I don't blame the administration in their frustration.  It was a noble and worthy goal to police the classifieds, but they are pretty limited in what they can do.  I didn't mind the 100 post rule, but it's a pretty small hurdle to get over and really doesn't say a lot about a persons integrity.

Internet classifieds are an interesting, sometimes disappointing, exercise in human nature.  There will always be scammers.  You go into it knowing that.  Usually the availability of used gear, good prices, trade possibilities, and generally positive interaction with fellow shooters makes up for the risk.  For all the crap you see in the world and the frequently crappy way people treat other people, internet classifieds have been a very positive and encouraging experience for me.  I've had a couple of "glitches" along the way (not on this site), but in general internet dealing has been a very positive experience overall for me.  And as much as it hurts to get burned in any degree, I have saved so much money, tried so many bows, met so many people, that the burn is worth it.  I'm still way ahead.

Thanks to the administration for a noble effort, but I don't blame them for getting out of the game.  For all the work they must have been putting into policing the classifieds, I don't think there is really any more risk there than before.  A feed back system would be nice, like the one on ArcheryTalk, but even that is just a mild reassurance.  It still boils down to...do you think you can trust the other person?

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
If anyone wants go to the classified pages they will be able to read the rules.

http://tradgang.com/classifiedsrules/

I just did!

I will not deal with anyone who isn't following them.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by wingnut:
Well the barn doors are open.  I just went to the bow classifieds and we already have a brand new member listing a bow.

Sad day on TradGang.  It's going to hit the fan.

Mike
I couldnt agree more, it is going to hit the fan.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
I think the 100 post rule was fine; however, if there isn't an active admin for the classifed section then maybe they can set up a reputation or rating system like some sites have in place so the buyers and sellers can rate each other soley on completed sales or purchases so others can read the feedback on the buyer or seller before they take the risk to buy or sell.
Basically an automated system. I'm not sure what it would take to set it up (or if the forums software even has the feature) but if it's feasible it may be a good option.

Offline LH Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Recently, I surpassed 100 posts. No fanfare, just happened. Feel like I got there with some decent posts, seeking & offering some input (I guess you could say the "Traditional" way).
 I was prepared, in my own good time, to seek permission from the Mod's to access the Class. Ads. I've bought Bows/Gear both privately & thru our great Sponsers with mutual satisfaction.
 If & when I decide to create an Ad to Sell /WTB anything I will do it knowing that both parties (Buyer & Seller) are both comfortable w/ any dealings. A PM, phone call, "references" (they work both ways) are always a good policy.
 I've "met" some outstanding TGer's talkin' over the phone that I'll never have the privilege to meet in person, but left the sometimes LONG conversations "knowing" that person was one of character, whether a deal was struck or not. (When ya know, ya know!).
 Guess what I'm sayin' is that this unfortunate (but understandable) turn of events won't change the way I try to conduct myself, dealing, and/or participating on this GREAT site.
 MUCH respect to our Mod's for their work to keep this Trad Site the BEST on the Web!

Keith
If this was easy, everyone would be doin' it!

Offline Soilarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
I don't know the answer to this situation.  I know all to well the position of working one's hind quarters off out of sheer good-nature only to have greif heaped on you.

I say a big thanks to Terry and the other moderators for effort put forth so far.

I like the rules, even though they've inconvenienced me in the past.
Micah 6:8

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©