3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: Bow Classifieds - Administrators New Post
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
first and foremost, everything about admining and modding a forum as large as trad gang is a total no-win situation.  you would not believe what we hafta deal with on a daily basis, and then hafta contend with the classifieds issues.  truthfully, the 100 post bow ad rule has helped a huge bunch.  

and just what did the 100 count bow ad posting rule do?  

it meant that you, the buyer, didn't hafta do the grunt work of understanding just who you might be buying from because we had done much of the leg work you would/should have done.  now you'll hafta do that work, which is essentially (amongst a buncha other things) to check out the seller for the amount and type of post activity here at trad gang.

couple this with all the other  guidelines for buying, selling, trading, shipping  and most everyone should be ok using the classifieds.

so, if you see a brandy new member post a bow for sale that piques yer interest, yer alert hackles should go up - not saying it will be a bad deal, but be smart and let the onus on all transactions fall on the newbie, not you.  word up, folks.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
Or we can do what I did.  A new guy with no posts anywhere put a bow up this morning.  I asked him to go elsewhere as our classifieds are for active members only.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
Right on Wingnut. My feeling are the same.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
I don't find fault with the clearly stated policy.

Unfortunately, it's the way of the world today.

The policy is very clear. This site is absolved from any and all liability and responsibility of any and all deals.

Just because the old policy may have made "common sense", sadly it did not make legal sense. Even though tradgangers see ourselves as having integrity, you can't run a major web site, or a business, on a promise.

While we'd like a world where a man's word still means something and a handshake is enough, the reality is, that world doesn't exist anymore.

In case anyone is wondering, Craigslist has a similar policy.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mojostick:
I don't find fault with the clearly stated policy.

Unfortunately, it's the way of the world today.

The policy is very clear. This site is absolved from any and all liability and responsibility of any and all deals.

Just because the old policy may have made "common sense", sadly it did not make legal sense. Even though tradgangers see ourselves as having integrity, you can't run a major web site, or a business, on a promise.

While we'd like a world where a man's word still means something and a handshake is enough, the reality is, that world doesn't exist anymore.

In case anyone is wondering, Craigslist has a similar policy.
the 100 post policy had NOTHING to do with "legality" and everything to do with our (admins and mods) personal attempts at offering member transaction protection.

we've ALWAYS stated that any and all transactions cemented via trad gang are at your own risk.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
We could ask people with no posts other then on the classifieds to take there stuff elsewhere and mark the ad "do not buy"

I did it with one a little while ago.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
I have a LOT of bows, clothes, magazines and dvd's off of TG. I have never had even a hint of trouble with anyone on this site. I am sure it is due to the 100 post minimum. I may continue to buy off the classifieds but I will not buy from anyone with less than 100 posts an preferably someone well know on this site. I, like all of you, work too hard for my money to run the chance of getting ripped off.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
That's a good idea Mike... if you notice an add and discover the poster has less than a 100 posts and places an ad just reply to the post "warning less than 100 posts" and let the buyer beware?
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
I'm refering to the new policy. I'm also saying I don't blame you guys.

For years I was a moderator on Michigan-Sportsman.com, with nearly 55,000 members. I recently resigned due to the endless headaches and BS. It wasn't fun anymore.

So I get it.

The new policy isn't much of a hardship. One just needs to be a bit more cautious on transactions.

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
I hate to see such a great site such as tradgang come to this, but maybe in the best interest of the members , the classified section should be eliminated. I spend a lot of time on tradgang through out the day and am sorry to see this meltdown, but give thanks to Rob,Terry and the others for their dedication, persistence and time in running such a great site. An honest thank you to a great bunch of men and women.

Regards,
Rick [Grouse]

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
WE had done the upfront legwork that classifieds users now will hafta do, should they elect to do anything.  that's really all that's changed.

personally, i am not going backwards to those bow ad post count classifieds rules, i'm done with that, it's over, period.

you wanna know some things to consider about ALL classifieds ad deals?  go to the trad bow classifieds forum and read the sticky post up top.

other than that, it's trad gang as usual.

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
No offense Rob but a 100 posts from any member does not dissuade me from doing my own investigation of a potential buyer/seller... it only gives me a bare minimal of 100 posts... a 100 posts of "why iz my bow lowd?" or "is fastflyte gud fer my bow?" or any fluff like that won't warrant a sale... lol...I always do my own homework because in the end... I'll be the one paying if something goes awry.

Rules are great but common sense is better... sadly sometimes we need more the aforementioned because the latter is lacking. Not saying I don't appreciate the mods because I do... it's just that I don't rely on them, or anyone for that matter, to hold my hand through a sale.

The lack of a moderator in the bow classifieds won't affect me as it was never a selling point... but I could see how it will make some people's business here harder... with tha said, "DON'T FORGET TO CHECK A POTENTIAL BUYER/SELLER'S SALES HISTORY!!!" (here or elsewhere)

Good luck to all,
Kawika
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by kawika b:
No offense Rob but a 100 posts from any member does not dissuade me from doing my own investigation of a potential buyer/seller... it only gives me a bare minimal of 100 posts... a 100 posts of "why iz my bow lowd?" or "is fastflyte gud fer my bow?" or any fluff like that won't warrant a sale... lol...I always do my own homework because in the end... I'll be the one paying if something goes awry.

Rules are great but common sense is better... sadly sometimes we need more the aforementioned because the latter is lacking. Not saying I don't appreciate the mods because I do... it's just that I don't rely on them, or anyone for that matter, to hold my hand through a sale.

The lack of a moderator in the bow classifieds won't affect me as it was never a selling point... but I could see how it will make some people's business here harder... with tha said, "DON'T FORGET TO CHECK A POTENTIAL BUYER/SELLER'S SALES HISTORY!!!" (here or elsewhere)

Good luck to all,
Kawika
of course there's much more than just the post count check involved, which is why i've always recommended reading these  SUGGESTIONS

there is no question that not everyone will do their best to check out the other side of their deal, which is why we did the upfront checks.

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Don't blame the mods for doing away with their monitoring or the 100 post rule at all, I'm sure they've put up with way more c##p than we'll ever know.

I'm sure that the rest of us can still weed out the bad eggs. Still the best trad site, period.
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:

Originally posted by kawika b:

Good luck to all,
Kawika
of course there's much more than just the post count check involved, which is why i've always recommended reading these  SUGGESTIONS

there is no question that not everyone will do their best to check out the other side of their deal, which is why we did the upfront checks. [/b]
VERY well said.......but as Rob has already said, NOT everyone will adhere to the "common sense" approach. It is THOSE people that will CRY the loudest and longest. Perhaps it's just to "simple" to click on a "users" name and look at some of the content of their posts. I will continue to do things as I always have done and "do my own homework". I just hope that there isn't enough "bad apples" slipping into the barrel that it spoils the bow classifieds for everyone.

I read Robs sticky about "how" to do your own research on people........and it truly is simple enough. That being said, I'm hoping that people just take the time to do it.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
Everything that can be done to safe guard against fraud, especially in this day and age.. I say welcome!!

Offline jtwalsh62

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
hope we keep the rules in place we need yall guys .Thanks for the great job
jt walsh
 be still and listen

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Sorry I haven't said it before but you guys have done a great job.

Offline 3undr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
i too want to thank the moderators for the hard work and dedication they have provided for our site. It took me some time to get my post but it is worth the wait knowing that those who are not upright would be revealed.I like the rule and if someone dosen't let them go to a  different site.

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
I personally like the moderators keeping a tight reign on things ( thanks Terry & Rob)  i could see the frustration side of things, but yet I cannot see it. Obviously the people giving them the grief was people we probably don't want around here anyways, Terry, Rob, just hit the delete key to peoples membership who are giving you grief and not following the rules ! Just my thought on things.
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©