3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Screaming Eagle treestand  (Read 232 times)

Offline reddust

• Trad Bowhunter
Screaming Eagle treestand
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »
I had a Screaming Eagle Crotch treestand stolen from me last fall and I was wondering If anybody knows if they are still being made? Or if somebody has one they want to get rid of.
michael schingeck

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Screaming Eagle treestand
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
Killer stand, I'll check around for one.
David M. Conroy

Offline Bob Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
look at  www.e-screaming  eagle.com they still sell the tree stands plus more.
Bowhunting is not just a way of life, it is also fun.

Offline Bob Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
What you see above will not work.  Type in Screaming Eagle and you will find it on page 2.
Bowhunting is not just a way of life, it is also fun.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
I don't see the crotch stand on the web sight.  If I remember correctly it was a folding platform that wedged into a fork/crotch of a tree.  I also had one stolen several years ago and would like to find another.

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
There have been a couple post on here in the past asking the same questions. I know there have been a couple on here for sale in the classifieds but they didn't last long.
PBS  Member

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
I had folding crotch-type stand laying around here somewhere.  Never used. I'll look around.  If I can find it, I'll sell it.

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Amazing that I found this.  Usually can't find anything around here when I need it!

Offline TAWL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Thanks for posting. I had my screaming eagle stand stolen a couple years ago. Didnt realize they were still in business!!!

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
I was looking to get another crotch stand. Contacted Screamin' Eagle. Said they didn't make them anymore, nor did he have any old stock sitting around. I believe it was a liability problem that got that style eliminated. Probably will have to make my own. too bad, they are really handy!

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
If Roy Taylor told you there were liablility issues with a crotch stand, I would listen!!  I had two of those years ago and loved them, but only trusted them because Screaming Eagle has a great reputation for treestands.

justin
Hill

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
Cootling's picture I believe is a Bear Paw or Bear River or something like that, not the Screaming Eagle model of the same type of stand.  

I have one just like it, and still do and have thought of some current applications for it.  But honestly, I never felt totally safe on it although I did find use for it and killed a deer or two from it.  It is VERY portable, however, and with a good safety system is probably alright.  

I never owned the Screaming Eagle crotch stand, but it looked like it would "fit" trees better and also get a better bite into the bark.  If someone has one of those old models, I'd love seeing a photo of it again.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
Wary Buck is right.  I think mine is a Bear River.  I've had it for so long I'm not sure.  It has ridden all over the country with me... but I just don't use it.  Have several Lone Wolf stands and always end up using them.  The one place I might use a crotch stand would be for packing in to elk hunt... but the trees in elk country don't have crotches!

Have started a more general process of getting rid of stuff I don't use.  No point in having a huge pile of stuff that someone else would put to use.  However, if there are known safety issues with crotch stands, I don't want to sell mine.  Would rather drop it off at the junkyard then worry about someone getting hurt.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
You don't see many crotch stands anymore, probably for a good reason.  I still have my Bear River (like in the previous picture) but won't consider using it without a good safety harness (which I use anyway).  I also had the Screaming Eagle crotch stand that ended up stolen.  They must have been a hot item a few years ago considering how many of them ended up stolen!!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©