3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New rules or lack of  (Read 690 times)

Offline Cool Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
New rules or lack of
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
I was real sorry to hear about the new changes in Tradgang policy. Is there still a listing somewhere of the known people that don't seem to follow the rules?
       Larry

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New rules or lack of
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
If anyone wants go to the classified pages they will be able to read the rules.

http://tradgang.com/classifiedsrules/  

I just did!

I will not deal with anyone who isn't following them.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
Cool Arrow, right in the red classified banner is the current listing of known scammers

Offline Cool Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Sleepy hollow, Sorry I don't seem to find the red banner.
   Larry

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
A brick red banner right above all the classifieds on the main forum page that reads -Hall of Shame

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
I like the "Scammer's List". Hope it becomes a permanent stay and keeps being updated.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
I dont do alot of buying or selling here.But i wont deal with somebody with less than a hundred posts.Even when i did under the old rules i would check their previous posts.If they were posting only in the classifieds i figured they were just wheeler dealers.I'm not much of a rules and reg's guy.But i do think the old rule worked the way it was supposed to.Just my two cents worth,
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Offline MarkE2006

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
"."

I hope he can find some peace on this Easter weekend.  God bless him and his family, and may God bless us all.
'10 Howard Hill Wesley Special 70" 45@28; '09 Turkey Creek 62" 55@28; '09 Brush Country Wasp II 64" 54@28; '07 Turkey Creek Dbl Carbon 64" 56@28; '64 Wing Red Wing Hunter 58" 38@28; '62 Wing Red Wing Hunter 58" 50@28

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
I am somewhat new here and very much liked knowing someone kinda had my back.But understand this is prob a very thankless job for the guys that run this site.Not everyone likes the cops when they get a speeding ticket but they sure like em when they catch the guy that broke into their house.Hope this does not keep rolling to other things here.Thanks for letting me be a part of your site its like my new home away from home.,,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
You know, this site was devised as a place for like minded folks can gather and share common ideas on traditional bowhunting in a respectful manner. The classified section was created as a bonus for members to buy/sell/trade their equipment. With that, the scammers (like always....) took advantage of our trusting nature and problems arose. The folks at Tradgang bent over backwards to try to police the section but trying to please everyone, I'm sure, is a frustrating endeavor. At what point do you shake your head and throw your hands up? The scammers are relentless. They will spend $10 worth of effort to steal $1....

I have made numerous deals on our classified section without issue. It is paramount to use common sense safeguards when dealing with unknown folks via the net (regardless the venue). There are escrow services available and I suggest using them when entering into a sizable transaction with a unknown seller. You will be surprised how even the mentioning of using a escrow service can weed out bad deals before they happen.

Too bad it has come to this but I'm sure this issue has reached it's breaking point, several times over.

If I can help in any way, let me know.

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline Cocklebur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
I don't buy, sell and trade bows very much, but I feel safer on this site than any other. I am sure it was a pain to administrate, but I liked the 100 post rule. Just my opinion.
Andy

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
JL hit the nail on the head. This site was put tpgether for the PowWow,not the classifieds. I like buying and selling things, but it's not why I'm here. Regardless of what happens to the classifieds the PowWow is what drives this site.
Maybe if the classifieds go away for a while then it will weed out the buyers/sellers who only come on here for just that. IMO.

MarkE-Sorry bud, your wrong. Yes, they probably do have better things to do than to continually spend time tracking down wrong doings on the classifieds. This site is not about the classifieds.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline bkyrdshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
Leatherneck(Mike) I agree I did not join this site to buy anything. I joined this site after veiwing and reading it for about six months. This site has given me more info starting out than anything I have spent money on. There are people out there that need rules because they don't take other people into consideration when they feel they have to make a buck and do it dishonestly. Rules are for those types of people and if some cannot figure that out then they will be the first to complain when it happens to them.
"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"   Benjamin Franklin

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
Like JL and Leatherneck said, THIS SITE IS ABOUT TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTING, NOT THE CLASSIFIEDS!  I know several of the moderators here and they spend 90% of their time when logged in dealing with problems in the classified section.

My recommendation is they CLOSE THE CLASSIFIEDS.  If not, then maybe TradGang should start charging for using them.  Then, at least they would be compensated for dealing with the people who do not use common sense and when making a transaction, then start whining to them when it does not go like it should.

That said, personally, I like the classifieds and use them often, but always checkout/research whom I am conducting business.  If you do not know them, or they do not have a good history while on the site, do not do business with them.  My thoughts are that anybody who does not use or accept PayPal, or a similar service that guarantees your purchase, are trying to rip you off, unless they have a history at this site or another reason to prove otherwise.  I know, a S**** way to view people and conduct business, but sadly it is needed.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
i will attempt to maintain the scammer's list as best i can.  the link is always present on the trad gang forum summary listing.

the 'no longer administrated' sticky topic at the trad bow classifieds now has info about buying/selling/trading/shipping.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Thank you Rob!! Your efforts are appreciated!!!!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
Nice avatar Rob!  You done good!
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
This is not a big deal. If you are going to buy and sell you should be doing some basic homework anyway nothing is guaranteed.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
We could ask people with no posts other then on the classifieds to take there stuff elsewhere and mark the ad "do not buy"

I did it with one a little while ago.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©