3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New rules or lack of  (Read 689 times)

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New rules or lack of
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
We could self-police it, at least.  If a person ever posts an ad, having fewer than 100 posts at TG, any one of us might add a post right in the middle of it that says, "AT RISK" or something like that.  After we make that the norm, guys will get frustrated at posting ads if they haven't reached the limit.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline Bighornangler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
Walt. I agree with most of what you said, however I respectfully disagree with your comments of people who do not use PayPal or accept PayPal. I use it and do offer it, but I am not a big fan of PayPal. It has it's pluses & minuses as far as I am concerned. I am a fairly new member and I have a short history, but I can assure you that if I didn't use PayPal or accept it, it would not be because I am trying to rip someone off.
Jerry

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
The only reason I belong to this site is because of the respect shared between members.  I hold myself to a high standard when making classified deals for this reason. Thanks to all who I've done business with and I hope to do more.

Keep the post count.  Even if we can't watch 'em all, we can make them think we are.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
Obviously Terry is getting a lot of grief and hassles from the low lifers, I say he needs to be more aggressive on just hitting the delete key to their membership here. Plain & simple, "delete" headache gone, it would be better for all of us here.
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
I became a member of Trad Gang, too further my experiences and learn as a Traditional Hunter/Archer. The Admin team, all of them are very much admired and appreciated for their patience, knowledge and time spent in support of US. I have only been here a short time, since last year. Have bought here from the classifieds, but so far have not sold anything. Trad Gang is still the best around. Terry, God Bless and Thanks Don
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
Nothing saying you have to have an "official" policy or admin looking out for 100 posts. I appreciate that the admin has been doing it,  but if they are not going to continue doing it, just use common sense and police it yourself.  If someone doesn't have 100 posts then just ignore their ad, same thing as if the admin had not let it appear in the first place.  If they are just barely over the 100 mark look back through their posts and see if most of them are just "TTT" and smiley faces.
I don't think their is any need for members to start making posts on someones ad saying they are high risk or giving the person a lecture on how they will be viewed if they aren't at the 100 post mark.  Just ignore the ad.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
Now more than ever, pictures will become important if you advertise an item for sale in the classifieds.  Good pics....show the beauty and the warts.  If you don't know how to post pictures....do a search and learn...more than enough help here on that topic.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©