3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Time To Shoot a SuperShrew  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Time To Shoot a SuperShrew
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
It's here, and it shoots like nobody's business, better than I can shoot it.
It is beautiful, and feels like an extension of my arm.
I'm gonna like this.
Got it from Crash TG #568.
It was a great deal, all went as expected.  Look up his classified on 04/13/11 for pics.
If you don't have one, ya otta get in line.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
There is a super shrew gold. 47@28" and 58" over on stickbow for 525.  Don't know anything about the bow or seller but thought of your situation when I saw it.

Good luck with your search

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
House, I contacted him about the bow. It's about  7 yrs old and in good condition. I tried to talk trade but he needs to sell. I might come around but I doubt it. There's probably a great Shrew waiting for me and I just haven't found it at a great price.   :archer2:    :deadhorse:

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
Right on.  Good luck in your search Don.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
Does Ron do any kind of "Test Drive"? I shoot recurve because I can't get use to a longbow grip. Looking at Shrew's, they look like they have a grip that I would like. I don't know anybody that has ever seen one let alone own or shoot one. So I was just curious if you can shoot before you buy.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Ron LaClair,

Sent you an email on your web site. I'd be willing to take that CH off your hands. I can't pass this up if it's still there.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
Jonathon (Snakebit) -- If you want to try out a Shrew and happen to be coming from Kansas down to Oklahoma City sometime, let me know and you can try one (or several) of mine while you are here. I have no trouble going back and forth between Shrews and my many recurves (including a Blacktail "Snakebit"), so I expect the Shrew grip would work well for you. With an 18 month waiting list on orders, there are no Shrews around for anyone to "Test Drive". Best to find someone who is close by and willing to let you shoot theirs. Like Ron said, I own quite a few Shrews and have shot quite a few others. They are all wonderful. I have never sold a Shrew, with one exception. When a fellow TradGanger (David Janssen) was forced to sell his almost new Classic Hunter to get money to pay for a broken furnace, I bought it, and when he later wanted to know if he could get it back from me, I could not refuse. That was a very special bow that David had ordered, waited a long time to get, and agonized over, so it had to go back home. I know he is very happy to be able to shoot it again, and I am happy for him.

Don -- There will eventually be a Shrew out there for you. I have several Classic Hunters, several Lil' Favorites, a Shrew Lite and a Super Shrew. I tend to like the short riser Shrews the best because they are so short, light and handy. My Super Shrew is 60" 68#@29.5" and is the bow I will be taking with me the first two weeks in June to Australia to hunt Asiatic buffalo. I just shot it and my most recent Classic Hunter again tonight. Great bows! You are undoubtedly a better shot than I am, but I shoot my Shrews pretty well. If I were you, I would get on the waiting list now. Actually, I currently am on the list and have another bow set to be built that I ordered in the fall of 2009. I am not selling my Shrews, but at some point in time my widow will be. I'm still a "Shrew Pig", Ron!      ;)  

Ken -- Good idea to jump all over that Classic Hunter on the rare occasion that Ron has one in stock.     :thumbsup:    It is a nice one that is only available because it is left handed.  

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
Don it will be hard to find a nice Shrew much less than the SS Gold your looking at . Shrews hold there value very good .
" Live long and prosper "

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
Mike, you are right and I'll probably regret it. After a big tax payment, a lawn mower that died last week, and several other new projects, it just doesn't seem like the time to buy another bow. Darn it, I hate having to be reasonable.

:banghead:

Offline Bighornangler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
I have a Classic Hunter 54" 48 @ 25". It's perfect for me. Love it.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Bighornangler, you don't have a photo of that bow do you? I haven't seen all of the different Shrews, but it sounds as if they all shoot well.  :banghead:    :archer2:

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
Don,

They all shoot well, but my new 56" Koa Classic Hunter with foam/Mystery cores and carbon backing is the best shooting of any Shrew I own.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
Yep, paid the bill and that in stock left CH is no longer in stock... it's on its way to my house. Should be here this week!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
Ken, it was shipped on 5-02, checking on line the estimated delivery date is 5-04. If it doesn't get there today it will be there tomorrow for sure..
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Excellent, can't wait! Mailman has already come and gone today so I suspect that means tomorrow.

Thanks again, I feel like a kid at Christmas and I probably won't sleep tonight!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©