3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Right of appeal  (Read 649 times)

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Right of appeal
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
If a post was pulled it broke the rules, no need for any other explanation. The owners and mods of this site decide this and i, we agree to that when we log on, no need for any other explanation.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by damascusdave:
Do not misunderstand me, I am not trying to start a war of words here, just trying to make a reasonable appeal to people's sense of freedom of speech.

We have seen a continual erosion of that right here in Canada and without due diligence it can happen in your country too.

Remember there are two sides to a thread getting pulled. I never start a thread lightly and without some pretty serious thought about the merits of that thread and I would hope the moderators give it equally serious thought before determining that it is clearly in violation of both the spirit and the letter of the rules.

DDave

People take things way too seriously. This is a fun and informative gathering place for people to talk trad bowhunting ........THAT'S IT! Nothing more nothing less. It is not a political platform, nor is it the place for personal diatribes. If the mods feel a post is not in keeping  with the idea of the site, they pull it. End of story, not further serious thought involved. Its a private forum with specific rules and obvious goals.

And the continually questioning the mods actions is what caused the latest deal about the classifieds rules. There are plenty of other forums where you can run a muck, so feel free to migrate there. TG is well moderated and controlled, giving the members a safe and enjoyable place to learn and teach, and share. That's how we like it.

OP, this is not directly at you personally, just at people in general.  There has been a lot if questioning and complaining which detracts from the sites obvious appeal.

JMHO, YMMV

Fin
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
I agree with the rest, this is a private domain owned and operated by private individuals. Freedom of Speech and other "Rights" don't apply here. Izzy said it best.....This is not our house so we must abide by the Home Owner's rules or we will be asked to leave. Judgments that some may question as silly makes no difference because in One's own House, only that One makes the rules no matter how silly they may seem to others.

I have had my posts yanked a time or two with no explanation given and the one time I did ask about it, the mod who pulled it was courteous enough to explain it to me and he was right. That was that and I accepted it.
If there's a certain post that you felt "violated" over I'm sure one of the mods would be happy to explain it to you, but you may or may not like the explanation? But you will have to live with it, or find another site.
Not trying to be hateful or anything, that's just the way it is and you won't find many that are still here that will argue with that fact.

As a matter of fact, I could see this post getting yanked shortly.   :rolleyes:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline LBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
It is private domain that is the main thing to remerber. Myself I'm glad someone is here to keep an eye on things. I don't have the time to do what is being done for me here. I appreciate the har work that is being done to keep this site up and running. For those who disagree step and volunteer or start your on site.   MIKE
Life is tough,it's even tougher if you are stupid. SEMPER FI (63-67)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
I'd say the jury is in and the verdict is.... no appeal.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Nope. Been there, this site is my home away from home and I abide by the rules. Everyone on here at one time or another has had a thread pulled. Think before you post. This is the Pow Wow and this thread has nothing to do with Traditional Bowhunting. If you have a question, email a MOD, does not need to be posted here. This is what frustrates Terry and the MODS. It would me too! Get over it.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Sometimes people get confused about what Freedom of Speech actually means. It does not mean you can say anything you want to at any time in any location.

We all know that if you scream outside your neighbor's home at 2 am, you can be arrested for violating noise ordinances. If you work at company A and go to company B and tell them company A's secrets, you would be arrested for sharing trade secrets.If you start talking in public about how McDonalds boils rats and serves them in their burgers, you would be arrested for defamation. Same thing in a crowded movie theater, scream "fire" and you are going to jail for endangerment.
These are just a few examples in public locations, the laws are even more restrictive in a private location. This includes a private persons home, their car, their back yard,and their private web forum. All of these are owned by an individual and are governed by the rules of that individual.

It is a critical part of law, that an individual has full rights over what is said in the location they own.

Private location rules have Nothing to do with freedom of speech.

I appreciate this site, I appreciate the hard work involved in keeping it up and running and I appreciate those that are doing that hard work for all of us.  

:clapper:    :archer2:
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »
Geeeeze, can we get on with life?
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
Dave it is one thing to have your own opinion but don't expect other to see things your way .Read the rules and lighten up ,,The moderaters have a tough  job allready !! Lets hear some good old hunting stories, Not why this and why that ! go with the flow Rember this is suppost to be fun !!
Gord

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
What ever happened to the good old days when we sat around the campfire and argued until we were blue in the face about whether cross country skis or snowmobiles put more pressure per square inch on the ground. We were still friends the next day and we laughed about it.

How much would we really learn on this site without differences of opinion? We would for example, still believe that Bear archery started over every month with their serial numbers.

We have had lively discussion in this thread about an issue that is obviously near and dear to the hearts of traditional archers, how can that be a bad thing.

McDave, part of the reason that I value freedom of speech is that I have not only had a school principal I have been a school principal. And I would like to believe that order was maintained in my schools, while at the same time allowing each and every member of the school community to have a role in determining direction. You will catch a lot more flies with honey than you ever will with vinegar.

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
I will tell you what if a thread gets pulled email me or another admin we try to get you an answer as to why. This thread is unnecessary beyond this.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
Sent you a pm
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
as specified in the board rules, admins and mods can pull any topic, post or image at any time and without notification.

if you didn't receive notification of a pulled thread or post or image, you surely can email or pm the webmaster, an admin or a mod for clarification.

putting up a public topic about forum administration is a big no-no, too.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©