3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cari-bow Taiga recurve  (Read 372 times)

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
Cari-bow Taiga recurve
« on: April 24, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
i have been on their site,looking at the Cari-bow  Taiga TD recurve.Anybody have any experience with this bow?Have not heard much about their recurves,any opinions? Thanks  Any pics??

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cari-bow Taiga recurve
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
Great bow, I have owned a couple. You cannot go wrong with any of Abe's bows, he is top notch.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
I owned one for a short time.The workmanship is second to no one.I just could'nt get use to the bulk of a recurve !!!
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
You'll be impressed with ANY of Abe's bows....guaranteed! My personal favorite is the Silver Fox.

Offline bluemoonrising

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
I've had one for about 5 yrs. It is a great bow with many super characteristics. Abe's work--especially his antler work--is really impressive. It is not the fastest 'curve on the market, but it gets the job done. Peace!

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 03:17:00 AM »
Mine is a Peregrine TD

La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
I shot mine better than any bow I have ever owned! Every one who sees me shot says it is very fast.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
I have one and love it ,Abes Antler work is beautiful.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
Taiga is surprisingly quiet. Made me think of how quiet the Guthrie Appalations used to be. I like them, I own a second hand one and it is a bow to be compared to any.
David M. Conroy

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
I own several bows from Abe including an outstanding Taiga.  They are functional works of art.  I got my first bow from Abe, a Featherhorn, about 10 years ago and have shot it a lot.  Still looks and performs great.  Most recent add is a Silver Fox.  If anything the Cari-bows are getting better.

Abe Penner is a good guy to work with.  An example.  A number of years ago I took my son to Cloverdale.  He was interested in upgrading from an entry level Martin.  We stopped by Abe's booth.  Abe and his wife remembered me from previous shoots (I think I had purchased my third Cari-bow at the time).  He spent an hour, off and on talking to my son, having him try out a few bows, etc.  Well, as luck would have it, Abe had a beautiful all bocote Silver Fox on display that fit my son well.  I did not have the cash, or a check, and Abe didn't want to mess with credit cards.  So he told my son just to take the bow with him and send a check when he got back home.

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
You will not go wrong with the taiga. I have owned abe's bows since the early 90's, and pretty much owned every model of his bows at one time or another. Myself, I am not much of a recurve guy, but I love his longbows, and have been hunting with them for close to 20 years. My personal favorite is the "wolverine". Feather light to carry and fast arrow speed. My #2 wolverine should be ready any time soon !!!! Good luck with your choice.

Darren

Offline 5deer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
great bows and a great guy.    :archer:   5
I've  seen  things  you  people  wouldn't  believe

"Have faith in God"  Mark  11:22

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »
I've owned one for 10 years and it's the only bow I've owned for 10 years. I love it! Taken lots of animals with it. Abe is second to none to deal with too.

Offline KEG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
I have one that is a backup for my 1 piece. Nice shooting bow. As others have said, he does very good workmanship.

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
My #1 go to and absolutely favorite bow is my Caribow Taiga   I ordered mine back in 1997 with all the antler work and got it in 1998. I have owned and tried so many other bows but none come close to the fit, feel and shootability of Abe's bow. This is one bow I will never part with. Get a Caribow Taiga!
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Online stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
I've had a Taiga for 8 years.  Real happy with how it performs and looks.  The grip is real small- took awhile to get used to but now seems 'normal'.  My only complaint is Abe won't post his shipping prices or respond to a question on what the shipping will cost.  YOu might want to learn that and factor that into the price.
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©