3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Blood - Serpent down!  (Read 1133 times)

Offline copperhead95

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Blood - Serpent down!
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
good shot! im not a big snake killer, besides venemous ones, but great shot none the less.  the first blood is always exciting, mine was a rabbit.  :archer2:
47# 56" Anneewakee Addiction recurve
"Don't tread on me!"

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
I've been a hunter for almost 60 years and when I was young I, just like most of the guys I ran with, would kill anything when we were out with our guns or bows.   After hit my mid 20's I realized that any time I was armed I was the Lord of the Forest....so to speak....when it came to having the power to kill and it was at about that time that I quit shooting things that I wasn't going to eat.   I also realized I loved just about everything that I ran into in the woods except cotton mouths.   I've let dozens of copper heads and the few rattlers that I've encountered go but cotton mouths are another thing altogether and I'll kill them every time if I can.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Some people are just ignorant.  I wonder sometimes if God punishes people by bringing them back as a snake or a turtle crossing a 4 lane highway.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
No need to get hateful.  I suppose you ^^^ have never done anything that someone else doesn't approve of?? Right?

Being on a trad hunting site, I assume most of us hunt and kill animals also.  There are people who would try to bash us for that.  I would hope that folks on here would have a better personality and higher respect for others than to stoop to that level.  

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
That was a great shot. Congrats.

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline woodcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
Sorry you caught all the lecturing and grief, good shot, well done.  I got a kick out of Landman's comments above.  If you live with Cottonmouths they absolutely take top billin' for snake killin'.
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 56@28
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Offline Fortun81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Growing up in Louisiana, I can tell you for sure. If it looks like a water moccasin, shoot. Don't worry too much about the yellow belly water snake, or whatever they think it might be. The only snake I don't mind is a king snake. I just saved one on the road today. I like those, they eat bad snakes. I will go out of my way to help a king snake. Every other snake... meet my arrow, or Ruger or mossberg or whatever it takes.

My dog got bit by a rattler 3 weeks ago. He is just now starting to look and act normal (finally doesn't have a basketball sized pouch of swollen puss on his neck). I figure the vet bill will be equal to about 200 rattler hides. I plan to get my money back on that deal...

Rat control? King snakes eat bad snakes AND RATS... and I have two boys under 12, with bows and pellet rifles. Between the king snakes I save, and the boys, there aren't too many rats around here... God willing, soon there won't be many, if any, rattlers around here either.
If you hunt with your kids when they are young, you won't be hunting all over for them when they are teenagers.

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Jeez Keith, thought we had made up.    :bigsmyl:  

Thanks for the kind words guys, this is a great site!  Hopefully I will kill a pig in a couple days.  That being said, I'm letting the word out now that I will be discarding the hocks instead of pickling them.  I'm hoping this will not be the start of another controversy.    :p
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
Good grief, the man killed a potentially poisonous snake and just wanted to bring his first traditional kill to TG for a few accolades.

Yet he was slammed; well I say good on you and you are welcome at my camp fire any time.

Mods  please kill this "snake" it has gone poisonous to it's readers.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
Some people are just ignorant.  I wonder sometimes if God punishes people by bringing them back as a snake or a turtle crossing a 4 lane highway.
If god didn't want us to kill animals why did he give us the ability?

Don't feel bad there's lots if people who don't like things like this, they go by a 4 letter acronym.  Ill let you figure out which.

Limbender, like we were talking about before, keep doing what your doing brother and post a pic of the hog your gonna kill

Fin

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Good shot, man!Congrats and good luck on those hogs!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
My comment was directed towards the guys who kill all snakes.  All snakes are beneficial.  Some need to be removed...around houses and kids, etc.  But to kill them just to kill them just doesn't make sense to me.  You might not like them, but that doesn't mean to kill them on sight anywhere.

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
This one went the Chevy vs Ford way eh    :dunno:
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Mike Manassa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Good shot LimBender...Keep up the good work...Mike

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
In all honesty this is an awesome site, but some guys need a chill pill.    :)

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Good shooting LimBender!

As hunters it is necessary to protect our resources, but that does not mean we cannot harvest animals from those resources. From everything I have heard Cottonmouths are bad beasts to encounter and as such many people kill on site. I think that if you use your harvest for a logical purpose there is nothing wrong with killing a snake or twenty.   :bigsmyl:  

Now get a matching skin and trick out your bow   :thumbsup:
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
(p.s. I really hope I don't offend anyone with what I said,   :dunno:   if someone takes issue feel free to pm me and keep it off the public forum)
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Online BighornTn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
Nice shot!!! RJ
"You can have everything that you want out of life, if you help enough other people get what they want out of life."  Zig Zigler

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point." Billy Graham
Member TBOF
Member TBG

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
Congrats on the shot and sharing it with family.

I haven't been to church in a while so I'm glad I read this, we have some wonderful sermons within these pages...
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by mikebiz:
I'm with keith and reddogge.     If I recall correctly The Bible relates that evil took the form of a serpent in the Garden of Eden.  It does not say that all serpents are evil.  Sorry, but stuff like this makes me want to jump up on my

LOL...you guys are nuts....do you have pet spiders and flies...

BTW, does your bible say that snakes are NOT evil (what is evil??)...maybe it is optional...pet them or kill them....or even eat them.  HA!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©