3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: There are some SMART people on Trad Gang!!!  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
There are some SMART people on Trad Gang!!!
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
I can't tell you the number of emails I received....and I can't thank those enough that took the time to do so.

I let the many cheerful words soak in over the weekend, and you guys are right....all of you.  You all had the same message, just a different delivery.

I will not let crooks beat me, or allow them to infiltrate the site.  I am working on something to make the trading here more secure AND less work....And complaint free.(HA, there will be those that holler, but those won't have the safety of trading amongst those that are scammer free)

I 1st have to clear it with Rob....and see how intensive the set up will be,....and the soft ware.

However, if we implement this, it will be a 'trading club'....where all traders will be 'pre approved' before they are allowed.  Little different than the 100 post rule that still left ways for folks to slip in.

OH....this also, someone stated that my words seemed idly bitter and wasted last friday.

Here's what I had/have doing on.....

A Dad who's losing his mind....

Found out Tuesday that one of our TG friends has colon cancer, and was going to be operated on Friday....I was busy rounding up a project for him and his recovery.

Found out last week my daughters teacher, who's been wanting to go hunting with me for a while, has throat cancer. He went in Friday to get a 'port'...and I'm working on getting a hog hunt together.

I also have the St Judes Auction I'm in the middle of.

And when those 'folks' that griped and defended the scammer we had learned all about...it was just too much.  Sorry if I didn't handle it correctly......but maybe I did....maybe a better system will be implemented soon.

I will be replying to emails sent later today.

Thanks again....some of you are really smart, and really have a way with words......and encouragement.
      :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: There are some SMART people on Trad Gang!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »
They tend to forget we have lives beyond here Terry. My father was in the hospital last week with pneumonia, my cousin died, and I spent Easter getting an antibiotic IV and will be doing so again later today. When folks complain about what is done to protect them in a free service you provide, it can get a fella riled up. Whatever you need from me just let me know.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »
Terry,

With over 34,000 members, you'll "never" be complaint free.

Short and to the point. If the vast majority percentage wise are complaining, then you have a big headache since in my opinion they have a legitimate gripe. But, if it's only a very tiny minority percentage wise, then I wouldn't give those complaints a second thought. You've spelled out clearly and the reasoning behind it what you thought was right so go with it.

In essence, you can never please 100% of the people all the time. But, if you can please 99% of them, that's more than enough.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
Hope things turn around for you and glad to hear of the plans for the classifieds.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
Terry,

I know we don't say it enough but we really appreciate all the hard work you do here.

Thanks for all you do.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
:thumbsup:   :notworthy:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline djohnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
This is and has been a wonderful site. A place to "get away from it all" and stay connected to what,for most of us,is a passion.As they say,you will never please everyone.Trials will only make us stronger.Keep the faith.  :campfire:
John 3:16

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
Terry,
I for one am glad that you took the down time to reflect on the actual message and goals that you have set for this site.
We only see what is in front of us for the most part.
You are a caring and compasonate man, which is evident in all that you do, both what we can see, and what we can't see.
I look forward to your new program.
I think you should continue with the important behind the scenes projects that you are in the middle of.
We are big boys, and we can deal with a little discomfort until the new project is fully implemented.
Until then, God be with you and those who you so valiantly fight for.
Pepper
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »
Terry,

Sorry to hear you're still going through so much these days. If you ever need to talk, vent, scream, whatever, you have my number. Any time, day or night.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
Terry.
Sounds like a good plan to me. Anything we can do to help!
Just give the word.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Terry:

I don't post much around here but I do read an awful lot of what goes on.  IMHO, this is the best bowhunting site, bar none.  You and your staff provide a wealth of knowledge to all of us both young and old.  Kudo's to you and all of your staff.

Thank you again for allowing us the privledge of this great place to warm by the fire.

God Bless.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
Thank you, Terry.
I know that sometimes this site must seem like a major hassle. I am going through much of the same genre of strife as you, and can sympathize. If folks don't understand that this is your site and not a public domain, then perhaps with time they will come to understand.

God bless, and trust in that He will get you through the hard times with your Dad. My Dad is slipping, just had a stroke, and my stepmom is in later stage Alzheimer disease. It is tough, but we must do the right thing. Hold onto what he taught you, and not what he may be telling you now.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mike Manassa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
Terry, everything has a way of working out..Most of the time for the best..Keep the faith brother..This to shall pass....Mike

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
Terry-- you da man. All you do is appreciated--this is a wonderful place to spend time, largely thanks to you.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
Terry and Dave I hope all is improving on the home front,were with you no matter what you decide.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
Terry I have said it once and I'll say it again: If most us had ANY idea what you go through on a regular basis just to give us a place to prop our feet up and share a campfire here, we'd cringe. This place is awesome for a reason! Take care of yourself, your family, and friends and thanks for giving me a place to hang my hat and good friends to share stories with   :campfire:
Mike Davenport

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Thanks Terry for all your care and good works.

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Terry, I have been coming here almost daily since I registered in 2004.  I can't remember if I have said it in the past but it is always good to say it again, THANKYOU for this sight and all that you, Rob, and the rest of the mods do.  There is no other place like TG.  Remember, with all that is going on in your life it is easy to forget about taking care of yourself. I am sorry to hear about your faher, I have watched dementia rob a lot of families of their loved ones over the years and I believe it is harder on the families than the patient.
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
I’m glad there will be some checks and balance on the trade site.
Thanks.....stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
Terry some of us have a lot fuller plate than others. Hope and pray that the good lord will help resolve a few for you and yours. Really appreciate the up-date and all your work, great site that you've developed over the years and am looking forward to a brighter future. God Bless
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©