3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: There are some SMART people on Trad Gang!!!  (Read 1498 times)

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: There are some SMART people on Trad Gang!!!
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
You can't ever please all the people, all the time--no matter WHAT you do with something this big!

Terry, wishing you the best outcome possible with your family and friends!
Also, thanks for the work on this site done by you and the mods.

I've been burnt 1 time on the classifieds ..... now, I check profiles and posts of those I trade with----if it's a name I don't recognize. Have done a fair amount of buying and some selling---no other problems!

Thanks again!
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »
Whatever you and the others feel is right has my support in any way that you need it.

My prayers are with those you mentioned that need it.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline FubarFred

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
you know the saying "Some peoples children", well it can be used to view their parents, also.
Fred...
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
Keep it up guys, I support anything you do.  This is a great place period.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Continues to be the best run site on the net. Also a great reminder that with all the struggles in life this remains as refuge for most and a lot of work for the admins. Thanks and God bless.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline TradDad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
As much as I love this site, I have to say "family first".  Everyone always seems to forget there's a flip side to every coin.  Take care of you(rs) Terry and Thank You, and all Mods for all you do.

God Bless
But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob;(from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:) -Genesis 49:24

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :campfire:
David M. Conroy

Offline Elksong@WORK2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Terry - Sorry to hear about your personal hardships. Real life can be a bear. I'll send up a prayer for your father and your friends. Thanks again for your hard work and always being there for us!

PS - I was trying to find the place to sign up as a contributor, but not having any luck. How do I do that, again? I FOUND IT! ( Thanks Mudd),I'm Obviously NOT one of the SMART people here!LOL!

Offline weezy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
Terry;
Sorry to hear about all those things popping up at one time. That can be devastating to anyone. Too many people do forget that we all have lives to live and problems to deal with. We all have a point where we just have had enough. Glad to hear you got your focus back. Good luck to you and yours and I'll send a prayer your way. Thanks for all you do.
Bob
TRADITIONAL ARCHERY
It's been in my blood for 40 plus  years.
It's priceless!

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
thanks for all your hard work and time. even thought i don't post much on here i really enjoy reading and learning. also am glad you are working on something to stop the scams. thanks again

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
Lots of selfless and hard work goes into this site and it shows.  About the nicest place to hang out on the internet.  Whatever you do I'm sure will be well thought out and implemented.

Count me in.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Always easy to forget what someone else is going through.  Sorry for your personal troubles. Glad that you are not going to let the classifieds go to the wolves.

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
Some people need to look at the larger scheme of things and they take things for granted.  This site is a wonderful thing fir so many but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the bunch. I support Terry and whatever he chooses to do.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
As humans, we are all weakened and must both realize and acknowledge that, in order to move forward. May you have the strength to march on and carry high the flag of respect and humanity.
Alone at times, you may feel. Believe that not, for the army of care and respect sets entrenched and steadfast behind you. For I may be no good with the sword, yet my prayers of faith shall be heard.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline ROB TAYLOR

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
You know....I've been here a good long time, but my post count is pretty low.  The old "100 post" thing really rubbed me wrong because I love to trade, but don't like to fire off endless meaningless posts just to seem "active" on a site.  Suffice it to say, that old rule turned me off of the site a bit.

That said, I empathize with the admin and the situation they found themselves in with the classifieds.  I always found it odd that so many members were reportedly prevailing upon mods to handle their business when thay had a deal go sideways.  No other sites that I frequent seem to have that problem....or maybe I am just not aware of it.  To me it's like "grow up...learn how to handle your own business....caveat emptor".....and all that

On the next note, I'd like to thank the admin for their ultimate decision to go hands off, then to seek a "safe trade" solution.  I am very much more pleased with either idea.  The only caveat is, if "hands off" is decided upon, I would ask that perhaps a subforum for "trader feedback" or "good guy list" be added.  That way, potential traders can do their own research, make their own decisions about buying/selling, and live with it.  There are just too many ways to protect oneself to be whining to the admin about a deal that THEY let get out of control.

Sorry for the long rant, but ultimately I just want to commend the staff for deciding to change the classifieds for the better, IMO.
>>>--TGMM-Family of the Bow--->

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »
I really appreciate your efforts, and of all those behind the scene, that are working to make the site better, which is a difficult task considering how well it is run. Thank you.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bsoper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
Thanks for all you do, I really appreciate this site and all the helpful members and admins.
~Brock

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
Rob Taylor...you old heathen!! You need to post more. Thought you were locked up. Still have that beautiful 82# Big 5. Much thanks.

These folks have it right with the rules. Hard work no doubt. Think both sides just about have a good handle on it again.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
Rob....what 'rubbed us wrong' was folks only trading and not sharing with the group.  We had lots of folks that griped and griped and griped....yet all they did was trade.  Never congratulated anyone, or shared any stories, or participated in any way.  Which was the whole reason for starting the site.  The classifieds was just a bonus.....yet its all some folks did here.  

Participation will also be a part of the approval. If someone just wants to trade, there are plenty of sited out there just for that.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »

I can't believe how much I'm learning on this site. I can't believe how much I've progressed in the last month compared to the last 23 years hunting with a compound, a couple of books and pretty much my self as teacher, coach and mentor. And you know why? Because the first archery shop I went in treated me like an idiot. I really feel like I'm in a place where there are a lot of good people who know a whole bunch.

I know a little about forums like this. I'm pretty active on an academic poetry forum (pretty much the same things as trad archery) and a few others. It is an amazing amount of work. These things run on love and elbow grease.

Thanks Terry.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©