3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TradGang and SPAM  (Read 703 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
TradGang and SPAM
« on: April 25, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
We are also receiving a lot of SPAM lately.  Certain vendors are determined to get a 'free ride' by using this site to promote there goods.

When we see a company posted about 'in passing' there is no problem.  Trad Gang is about the free flow of information.

However, when we see the same company having multiple threads, and some of the threads are started by the same 'new' member, and a pattern appears, those threads will be deleted.  They will also get deleted when these type threads continue to get TTT'd for no real reason and run for weeks by just a handful of folks as a jaw jaw session just to keep the vendors thread at the top for more promotion.

Also, lots of these type spammers folks that sign up as '3rd party' praises ....usually nothing wrong with that, but there are those that sign up and RUN and start multiple threads on the same company.

Also, there are folks that guise their selling in many ways soon as they get here....they do it in the name of 'helping trad archery', but then we start to see a 2nd, 3rd and 4th thread by them showing only their goods...and they just got here last week.  Then once their threads are pulled thy go crying about 'how they were treated'....and how sorry the administrators are.  All the while they didn't even consider how they were treating the Sponsor's of the site that help us all keep what we have.  Not to mention the total misconceptions, assumptions and name calling these folks do.

Once they are 'found out' and email politely, they get all defensive and 'think they know all about the site, the money, the sponsors, threats and ya'da ya'da ya'da.  Yeah, they say its 'all about the money'.  Oh, what little they know.  When you read what they right, its all about 'them' in reality.

It aint about the money, never was, and it wasn't about them either, or you, or you, or even you over there....its about Trad Bowhunting and US.  

And after this weekend's barrage of emails...I realize there are WAY more of you that get it than don't.

I'm here for those that get it....you are the soul reason I started the site.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TradGang and SPAM
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
Thank You.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Ditto the Grinch

Shoot straight, Shinken
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
Thanks for yr care!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
I am so grateful to be proven right once again...lol

"T"  I'm never surprised at just "how much" you care for and about us.

Your track record speaks volumes so looking into the future always looks brighter.

An occasional bump never seems to do more than cause a change for the better.

Thank you and your team(all moderators)

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
Thanks Terry!  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
Terry,

If ever there is anything we can do to help, let us know. We are with ya bud. Thanks for your effort!

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
Yes, thank you all!  I realize the amount of work that has to go into this site to make it a good as it is.  My hats off.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
Terry,
Thanks to you and all the others that work hard in providing this site.  I am largely self taught in trad archery; by reading books and trial and error over the years.  This sight has increased my knowledge and enjoyment of traditional archery by leaps and bounds.  One of the things that have helped me the most are the threads and discussions on target panic.  For many years I thought this was one of my unique mental flaws.  Great to talk with people who have or are experiencing the same things.  However there are still things for me to learn; like what does TTT mean?  Thanks again!
Gary

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
Thank You Terry , Rob , and Mods. Without your diligence (compass), I would be lost. Since retiring and finding this site I have felt secure in any dealings on this site. That is why I'm here! Maxx
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
A big THANKS from the other side of the globe.I really appreciate all your effort.Even though i am from a very far place, i have successfully bought some items in the classifieds and very thankful for it.
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
Thanks Terry for all you do.
Ken Thornhill

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
You da man Terry
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
Stay on 'em Bigun!
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
Like has been said many, many, many times before, there is no way that we as individuals, or collectivley as a group can thank you and your crew for all that you do.
Keep up the good work, and if and or when help is needed, don't hesitate to call.
Thanks
Pepper
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
Thanks and keep it up!  Your efforts make this the best site to spend time around!!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Yup, thanks, Terry.  You do a great job and we love hanging out at your campfire.

To those companies that pull this crap, do you realize how turned off we the customers are by that jazz?  I will go far, far out of my way to avoid doing buisness with a company that resorts to spamming to try and sell their product.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
:thumbsup:

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
Thank you Terry!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Thanks guys....we had a guy just waltz in here a couple of weeks ago and started setting up shop under the guise of 'how to'...he then began taking orders.

When Rob emailed him and cleaned up the thread and put it back.  After than, he started THREE more thread on HIS work....once those were found they were removed, then he made a public post about how bad he was treated.  Then the email came with all the assumptions and name calling.  He never once, and still doesn't understand or respect that there are folks that sponsor this site.  They were never considered by him.  

A post 'in passing' is no big deal, but when there's a blatant pattern we will protect those that sponsor this site.  Even it that means we get blasted elsewhere in the net.  We are going to take care of our own here, and not be road ruff shod by anyone that doesn't respect the rules or the policies.

Its been that way since day one, and even before we had sponsors we did not allow this type of solicitation.  And we are still doing the same thing today.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©