3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: just ordered a new toy  (Read 269 times)

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
just ordered a new toy
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
I just ordered a new recurve.  Kinda odd for me to say because i shoot longbows so much and recurves never felt "right".  I ordered a new RER XR.  It will have a 15" riser and will be 60" ntn.  I want it 64#@29".  This riser will be made of Chechen and will have either cocobolo, canary or bolovian rosewood   :dunno:  (I can't decide)accents.  I have settled on either imbuya or oak burl for the limbs with boo cores.  
Picking out the woods is 10 times harder than paying for these things!!

There is not much of a rush to figure out all of the details.  It don't need to be nailed down until about Thanksgiving and won't be in my hands until about Christmas.  

That is awful nice of me, to buy me a present and put this much thought into it.  I am gonna make me teary eyed...  ;)  

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline yaderehey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: just ordered a new toy
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
You won't be crying when you see how that XR performs.  They are wicked fast!

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
Heck, you should spring for the LXR.  Best of both worlds!   :)
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
I figure at 64# I would be able to elk hunt with it and feel comfortable shooting it too.  I only hunt deer, turkey, bears and small game around here, but one day....

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline youngarcher1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
You'll love it , i have a xr as well 57 @28 shoots lasers and is just an awesome bow

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
Congradulations-Is that one of those that you can get a set of LB limbs also? Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Yup, you can get longbow limbs.  One reason I bought it is so that my son can shoot it in a few years.  I figured I could get some 40# limbs and let him try it out.  

This sounds like I am looking too far ahead since he is only 6, but he can almost get my wifes 43#@28 back to full draw.  I know he is nowhere near the 28" mark, but when he can shoot the 40#@28", I will hand the bow over and let him get prepared for hunting.  He shoots a 25#@25" Prodogy now.  At the last shoot, he won his division and actually scored higher than 85% of the adults.  He is quite the shot with a bow.

God Bless,
Nathan

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
I bought an rer xr from yaderehey who posted above. 56 @28; I pull about 29.5 and it is a really nice bow. You are going to love it. Plan on taking It to Montana this fall for my first elk hunt.
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
I have an arroyo that's awesome.The guy that sold it to me said the XR shoots even better.I want to shoot one and will probably have Kevin make me one if I find out that to be true for me.Rer bows are special bows.
see

Offline youngarcher1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
awesome bow i love my xr the thing is wicked fast and it hits where i'm looking. You should seriously consider just getting an LXR if your a longbow guy. Like varmint101 stated above

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
All good! Perfect flamethrower specs looks like. Congratulations on your new beauty.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©