3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Classifieds....What I'm going over with Rob...  (Read 2580 times)

Offline hardtimes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Classifieds....What I'm going over with Rob...
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
I support the one time fee. I also like the idea of the 100 post min for posting in the classifieds. The one I like the most is for the buyer/seller to have to have their full name and contact information. Whether it is posted in the open or on their profile, either way it is available.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
Terry, I think this is an excellent idea. God Bless you, Steve

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
great idea   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
This is sounding positive, thanks for your efforts

Online freeman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »
I like the way this is going.. always liked the idea of at least some kind of traders feedback.

The private forum should work even better, and probably be easier to implement.

Offline bsv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
I think it's a great idea. I hope I can get in.
Burt
R/D's soon to come

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Sounds absolutely great to me!

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Terry:
I really appreciate that you have gone into the thinking and doing mode and not let the site slip away from your vision.  I really struggled learning to get around TRadGang but thanks to the 100 post requirement, I learned it and absolutely think this is the premier site for traditional archers . I hope you keep things as easy as possible for you and the other admins as you work through and implement future changes.  While I like and use the classifieds and want them to remain, it is not the primary reason I visit TradGang multiple times a day!

I am good with a onetime fee at whatever level you feel is needed to keep trouble out.

I am good giving my personal information to you and the other admins so you can check me out as long as you give us the option to show or not show certain info that could be deemed opening one up to unwanted contact.

I am good with setting whatever post minimum you all feel is necessary to keep trouble out.

I am goood with whatever you put in place to keep TrafGang the great site it is!

Thanks to all you Admins for all you do!
SteveC
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
I really enjoy the classifieds. I know you guys will do a wonderful job because everything on this site is top notch. Thanks Guys

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
I am in great idea. Blake
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
that sounds great!! it would be nice to have a scumbag free zone. we could enjoy trading or selling in a safe manor.this site has so much to offer other than buying or selling.the wealth of knowledge is unbeliveable.I may never get to go to Africa. but my mind takes me there when I emers myself in a good storie from the dark continent section.Or when your walking through the swamps with"RC" these stories cant be found anywhere else.Just blessed hard working people who love to hunt an shoot.we are all lucky.

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
MD, I'm assuming the GrabBag idea would fall under its own Section heading, so you would never have to click on it.

This is the best run site I've seen, especially for the large amount of members. No reason to think that the powers that be won't do what is in the best interest.

Thanks for the hard work!  I don't know much about trad archery, but what I do know I learned or was pointed to here.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
Like many have stated before. Whatever it takes to keep OUR TG safe & secure. We are a family here & we all want to keep the scammers out. I am in whatever you decide. Will help in anyway I can as well.
Dan

Offline woodcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
I would be fine with a fee and probably anything that y'all come up with.  I will say as has been said above, You are doing a very fine job and this site is clean and a great place to go.  If  anyone is in doubt about the uniqueness of this forum just go to one of the other sites and read the ridiculous, immature and profane/obscene rants of the participants.  Thanks, Joe
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 56@28
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
Terry

I feel for you and the mods, but personally am not a fan of posting someone's personal info. or asking a fee to use the classifieds.  Not a fan of minimal posts either as I personally don't post a lot compared to some members.  I like to look and learn a lot more then posting.  Seems to me that a lot of newer members post just to post.  I remember when I started here there was a core of knowledgable members who did a lot of the postings and a lot of good info. was going around.  Now it seems a lot of stuff is asked that could have been or was answered a ton of times if members would just use the search feature ie. "Is this enough weight, is my arrow heavy enough" etc.  Hope you and Rob and the rest of the crew get it figured out.  Just my 2 cents.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
AS long as it does not give adm. and mod. Way too much work, I'm with you  :campfire:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
Terry-this sounds good having a pre-approved list but the grab bag part I'm not so sure about. I would hate to see this site turn into 'Craigs List'. This 'grab bag' could very well bring in those with nefarious intentions! Just my opinion, sir. By the way, you guys do a wonderful service. Thank you kindly!

Kenny   :goldtooth:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline hedgetree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
I would be more than happy to pay a fee. I gather a lot of information from this site that I can not receive locally.

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by East Coast archer:
Terry

I feel for you and the mods, but personally am not a fan of posting someone's personal info. or asking a fee to use the classifieds.  Not a fan of minimal posts either as I personally don't post a lot compared to some members.  I like to look and learn a lot more then posting.  Seems to me that a lot of newer members post just to post.  I remember when I started here there was a core of knowledgable members who did a lot of the postings and a lot of good info. was going around.  Now it seems a lot of stuff is asked that could have been or was answered a ton of times if members would just use the search feature ie. "Is this enough weight, is my arrow heavy enough" etc.  Hope you and Rob and the rest of the crew get it figured out.  Just my 2 cents.
Pretty much my feelings. I don't ask or expect any forum I am a member of to provide a classified or to be responsible for the users if they do. I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff here and several places using common sense.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
Terry what ever you and the moderators come up with to handle this problem I am sure will be for the best interest of the TRADGANG!!      

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©