3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Too many bows not being used...  (Read 440 times)

Offline tyu888

• Trad Bowhunter
Too many bows not being used...
« on: April 25, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
Got my new BW PLX-Osage last week.  Now, Other bows are not being used anymore. Just wonder what you all do with your extra toys if you do not want to part with them....
Black Widow PLX-Osage 66" #41
21St Century by Jim & Buddy 66" #43
Diamond Black Ice Compound 60#
Damon Howatt Freedom 60" #40

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Too many bows not being used...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
Hang them on the wall and look at them.  

I usually shoot them all at least annually.  Sometimes they are out as loaners.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
One good suggestion I've found I like, is letting others help keep them from just laying around. I'll pm my address to you  :)  and help with your dilemma. Or you can get another rack but I opt for the former. Take care merle
Howard Hill Cheetah

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
My bow room was looking like the Noah's Ark for longbows until last year.  I had matching sets of a number of bows.  i went out shot them all and made choices of which ones of each pair i liked and why. then gave away the others. I still have two equal weight Robertsons but they are of different handle and limb materials and left and right handed.  Now all my other bows are at least now individuals.  Watch the man that just shoots one bow for many years with no changes, he more than likely knows how to use use it.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
I agree with pavan about one bow man.said that I have a bow that I shoot the most at any distance,then other 3-6 bows that I shoot the same day.During the year I use everyone of my 90 loved along my 5 or 6 favourites.I keep my shooting with the different bows inside the 15 yards so there is little difference and it doesn't chance the way I shoot my to go bow.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
I only have two recurves and I play no favorites. I shoot both of them equally time wise even though the 37# bow is my favorite.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Same issue here...seems I only shoot my Bear TD or one of my Wings from the '60s...I just gave my brother 2 of my Kodiaks...a '64 and '68 any my nephew a Blacktail...he and my nephew loved them and shot them really well...if it gets them to stick with trad archery its a good thing..

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
dust them once a week/

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
I am hoarding them to keep demand high.

Killdeer   :jumper:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
I'm with you Killie.   :thumbsup:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
I have a friend that bought a Super K the first year they came out.  It was getting beat up after so many years of use and thought that I could give him one of the longbows i gave away last year.  he bought, at a garage sale, another Super K that was in perfect condition and same poundage, that was two years newer than the one he had.  I will not get into the $20 he paid for it.

Offline illianabowhntr67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Don't have this problem wish I did.Me and my old kodiak hunter are inseperable.I do have a couple longbows that may go up for sale.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
They're my hedge against inflation?
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline copperhead95

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
decoration. haha we use our extras for teaching people about archery, and the heavy ones for fun shooting.
47# 56" Anneewakee Addiction recurve
"Don't tread on me!"

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
I have that same problem I consider them a art form ,I am a Bowholic , that was easy , but truely would you pass up on a working piece of art  :wavey:
Gord

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
Hey I'm new to trad. Don't you guys want to give somebody some bows to help get them started    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:     but really I would help you out   :jumper:    I'm starting my collection too. I only have three and my wife thinks I have a problem!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Gene Gillis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »
Having so many bows that you don't use them all is simply part of the traditional bow DISEASE.  It simply never seems to go away. Good day and hope it gets better for you, because I haven't .

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
i traded one i didnt use much to try something else and the rst i look at, every so often i will fling some arrows.  when my custom comes i have a feeling a few bows wont see much action for some time
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 12:42:00 AM »
When the dollar gets devalued and the economy tanks, I will use mine for barter material.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
I switch bows every few days and only settle on one for the duration of deer season.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©