3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ok my bad, I asked the wrong question.  (Read 407 times)

Offline scout1

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok my bad, I asked the wrong question.
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
If you carry gear, knives and such, on your pants belt and use a pack with a waistbelt. How do you deal with interfering of the two. Is it good to cinch the pack waistbelt around your middle above your hips and pants belt?, thus clearing the items on your pants belt.

Thanks, Jim

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ok my bad, I asked the wrong question.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »
I never carry knives and such on my belt.They stay in the pack till needed.When I carry the unmentionable hardware on my belt,I just use a pack without a waist belt.If I had a pack with padded waist belt,I would modify it to hold said hardware.

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
If you think you will need it as you scout,hike etc. attach it to one of your backpack shoulder straps, works good for me.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
I have a haversack I wear on my left side.  It has a sleeve on the back for my 3" leather belt and serves to keep the pack from flopping while the pack strap keeps my belt up.  Usually the only thing on the belt is a knife.  The sack is also out of the way of my side quiver.

I carry a pint water-bottle & day-pack type stuff in the sack.

Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
Well, I ain't beating around the bush much.  I carry a Kel-Tec .380 on the waist band of my jeans.  It has a built in clip that is made to clip on the inside of your jeans and still remain easily accessable and out of site at the same time.  I do have a permit.  If carring one of these you will need one also.  When hog hunting, I carry a Glock 30.  It goes on the waist belt.  There  is a holster made by Fobus that allows the Glock to sit inside the waist band and be attached to the belt on the outside of the waistband.  Very handy.

Can't be too careful.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline wbyrd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »
I managed to get the "stuff" I would normally wear on my pants belt attached to the hip belt of my back pack.
~ SUA SPONTE ~

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
I would just carry it in the pack itself. That eliminates the need for anything on the belt.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline 152 Sumo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by wbyrd:
I managed to get the "stuff" I would normally wear on my pants belt attached to the hip belt of my back pack.
I managed to do the same with a pack that I have

Offline Fortun81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Yea.. the only think I carry on my belt is a gun (southern Arizona, snakes, slithery ones and two legged kinds, and kitties, just in case). Yea, you say that until you have a mountain lion stalk you without one.. then you start thinking, a little late, it would be nice to have that 45 right about now.

Everything else goes in my back pack. I used to carry my knife on my belt, but I learned it usually just gets in the way. So, now it rides in my pack.
If you hunt with your kids when they are young, you won't be hunting all over for them when they are teenagers.

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
If thats the problem just carry a can of bear spray in a side pocket. In Alaska it works on bear and moose so I can't see why it wouldnt a cat. They hate liquids.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
When I used to live/hunt in Idaho, I'd carry my safety tool in a holder that strapped around my thigh.  Knife and other stuff on the other side of the belt and neither interfered with each other.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
I carry mine inside my jacket if it's cooler. In the pocket of my Asbell pullover. If that's what I'm wearing. Big pockets!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
i use a single strap pack right shoulder left side carry. i tie a bungy cord on the strap put a carabiner on it. hook it to belt loop on right side behind my markIII 22/45 1 in 10 in the clip [if 11 dont save me nothing would have] my buddys rip me for the 22 but i like it. and its accurate wish i could hunt with it but PA.  :bigsmyl:   other than that never saw the use for a hunting knife on a belt.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Guys,his original thread was shut down because of the firearms references.He started this thread over and we were trying to answer his question without getting into that.Expect this one to be cut off also.

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
sorry im new and did not relize no fir@@@# answers ill try not to refer to them again my bad jim

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »
Thanks Jim
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline scout1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »
Thanks for reminding everyone JimB. I guess what I would like to know is how many find cinching the pack waistbelt up above the belt line acceptable. Comfort and load wise.

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
If you want to know about that I can help with all the heavy packing I've done. It is not a problem if it is not a heavy load but if it isa big load ex. packing out a kill, then you have problems or will. The belt puts the weight on your hips therefore legs which are strong but if you get it up to the waist then your lower back is under alot of stress, spine vertebre, from all directions not just the downward force but now balancing it left and right. Packs are designed to ride the hips and the higher you go packing 80 pounds of meat etc. the weight compounds on your lower back. It's quite a hazard especially if you have a heavy pack not doubt the further you are from help. Safe packing.  Merle
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Just forgot but when I have a heavy load of 80 + lbs. I don't even wear a belt for my pants as I feel that interferes with the pack belt.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©