3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many arrows for Africa hunt  (Read 311 times)

Offline 2wfstlhunting

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many arrows for Africa hunt
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
The  first trip I shot 2 animals, and I think that I shot 2 arrows: brought 2 dozen. Seemed ridiculous but arrows never go to waste.   This last trip I took 18 hunting arrows and a few practice arrows with target points.  The fact is that between warm ups each morning and a few practice shots from blinds I was glad that I took the  practice arrows.  I shot at 9 animals, lossing 2 and missed one but bending the BH. Sounds like I was going wild but actually was very conservative and just had a lot of opportunities.  One animal got a second arrow to hasten it's demise.  Rarely do you end up with using more than one arrow per animal and the number that you plan to shoot should guide you. I use cedars and each one did break when shot. Better to feel a little silly with an excess of amo than to spend the week rationing your arrows.

Mike, I can't believe that another one of those camo Screaming Eagle cases still exist.  Mine hasn't been used for years since I switched from takedown recurves to longbows but it looks as good as new and I bought mine somewhere around 1995.

Steve
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex curly maple, birdseye maple and Osage riser 53#@ 28"
Blacktail 62" longbow takedown 53#/57# B & W ebony
Harvey Crowned Eagle longbow  62"  49#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©