3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does urethane add spine to shafts??  (Read 489 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does urethane add spine to shafts??
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
No opposition to finding perfect flight from me.
It's fun stuff to think about and experiment with, if you're in to that. I know I am.

I'm into the balance of forgiving arrow flight/components myself, as I know I'm not perfect even if my setup is.

I'm just not a good enough shot to notice the difference an adjustment that might change the POI an inch or less at 40yds.

Your length of shaft/point wt/ fletch type tuning will be able to more than absorb any spine difference caused by sealing them.

I'm interested to know what you find out from your tests though.

Good luck     :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline kenner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
No opposition to your posts!  I think that we should elevate each other and strive for more... but that's only one world view.

Yes,, it is a fun endeavor!...  I've changed bows a number of times through life... I started with wood shafts and went to fiberglass/not carbon, and then aluminum and back to wood.

Knowing what I know,,, I would go back to a more forgiving bow.  I really like my bow and won't say anything bad against the maker... It's high performance,, which means, I have to be on top of my game.  A more "lumbering" bow is probably the better choice.

I won't be posting anytime soon, as to the effects of adding coats of urethane... I might get to it this summer,, but from what others have posted, it would seem that my question is not valid.

Take care!!.... Ken

Offline jarhead_hunter

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Don't let the comments of others deter you from the path you wanna travel.

The experience of others will not necessarily be your experience.

There are many facets to the archery experience, enjoy them and don't be a stranger in TG....

Thanks for the USMC comments.

Charles.
Semper Fidelis
1st Mar Div RVN 1968-1970
1st MAW RVN 1966-1967

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©