3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quiver preference  (Read 575 times)

Offline ncsaknech1ydh

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quiver preference
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
I use the Selway slide on quiver on all my bows, you can get the smaller arrow pinchers if you use carbon arrows. I just like the looks of it, also the leather slide on looks very traditional and really makes the lines of any bow look that much smoother than bolt ons in my opinion.

I've tried back quivers over the years, but they just aren't for me, I like my arrows right on my bow when I need them, and as you said, for me anyway, the back quivers full of arrows were always brushing up against stuff, but then my wife always tells me I am more clutsy then the normal person...LOL!  :)
"Anchor is a place where I can relax in an uncommitted state of mind"

64" BobLee Classic TD LBow 57# @ 32 1/2
64" BobLee BCentenniel TD RCurve  53# @ 32 1/2"
Always looking for BobLee Long Bow or RCurve Limbs, 64" 40# to 50#.

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
I like bow quivers and back quivers. For a bow quiver I vastly prefer light weight ones that go on the limb bolts or use AMO bushing. GN, Tight Spot, and Kwikee Kwivers are the brands I recommend.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
For actual hunting...absolutely a bow quiver for me. I can't stand the nuiance of having a back quiver or side quiver strapped on, especially if I already have a backpack on. Moving through brush, I only need to worry about one thing, my bow, getting hung up.

Also now that I've migrated to hunting longbows, I like the stability of the bow quiver.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
I prefer a side quiver such as a GFA. Easy to move through an area with heavy brush and trees with low limbs. Once out where it isn't so thick, it can be carried like a back quiver. Light in weight too. It's a very versatile quiver.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
Wow, lots of replies on this one.  Thanks Gang!  All good info and lots to think about.

Rusty
Black Widow PSA V 48# @27"
Samick Deermaster T/D 50# @28"
Dale Dye Good Medicine 50# @27"
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
Since we're talking about quivers...What is the best bow quiver for a Silvertip?
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
When you use a bow mounted quiver, in reality your have one item to carry while hunting.

With a side quiver you are now carrying TWO items.

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
I like using a Skookum dual stalker on my bow and carrying the rest of my arrows in a Catquiver 1.
Romans 8:28

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
I like the simplicity of traditional. Having the quiver on the bow is one less item to worry about. Besides, a good bow quiver will quieten most bows and can result in a tighter group on many of them.  

:archer2:

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
I'm a bow quiver guy. I've tried the others but I prefer my quiver on my bow. Also, it never leaves the bow. It's on there when I hunt so I practice with it on.  Oh, I use a Great Northern Quiver with the limb bolts.
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
If I use a bow quiver it is always a Selway. For a side quiver I have a Safari Tuff Dukier.

Offline Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
You didn't mention whether or not most of your hunting is on the ground or not.  Most of my hunting is done from a tree stand.  Due to the fact I carry in my climber, neither a hip nor back quiver will work.  I also don't like a bow quiver because I find they throw off the balance of the bow - for me.  I tried a GN strap on and just couldn't get used to it.  So, what I have done is I put my arrows in a 5-arrow Alpine Sof-Loc quiver that I have modified with a piece of Velcro strap.  I wrap this Velcro around the sight window of the bow and carry my quiver in that way securely attached to the bow.  Once I get up in the tree, I detach this rig and using a small length of paracord on the quiver, I hang it from a hook on the tree.  It isn't pretty, but this works for me.  On the two occasions where I have had shot opportunities while walking in to the stand site, I found that I could detach this very easily and be ready to shoot.  When on the ground I alternate between a back quiver and a side quiver.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©