3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String Length Question  (Read 190 times)

Offline 30pointbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
String Length Question
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Just got a Browning Nomad Stalker. Needs a string, the bow from the belly side measures AMO 52" from tip to tip, what length of string would i need for it.    :dunno:     Thanks guy's in advance.

Dale.
Dale

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Offline youngarcher1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String Length Question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 12:58:00 AM »
Should take a 48" string, rule of thumb take off 4" of AMO length for curve's and 3" for longbows. Also you can just take off your current string and measure that although you may want to subtract a small amount to accommodate for string stretch

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 05:27:00 AM »
Dale,

I have the same bow and just built a new 12 strand B-50 string for it with all the trimmings, (wool wraps on loops, wool puff ball silencers, and a tie on nocking point). I'm off this next week and will be doin' as much Trad stuff as I can, while I can, and maybe get a few days to Turkey hunt. I'll measure my string and get back with you. And generally speaking youngarcher1 is right, however, each bow has it's own mind sometimes and takes different length than what the norm is, so you just have to play with it. You will also have to play with the brace height as well to find what your bow likes based on your form and shooting style. I will say this though. Once you find out what works best for YOUR bow write it down and keep it somewhere you'll never lose it. I would also make up several strings identical to the one that works best and keep a couple spares with you when you go huntin', stumpin', or 3D-n' so you've got an extra. Good luck and I'll send you the string length for the bow I have.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
The string I have right now is 47.5 inches loop to loop. I have it braced @ around 7 1/2. This seems to be working well for me. Good luck.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©