3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Primal Dreams"...time well spent  (Read 274 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
"Primal Dreams"...time well spent
« on: April 30, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
Seems like here in this day and age we can fill our days with a lot of varied things. A lot of it doesn't leave you with much inside. Just empty. Not something of substance that lingers.
I just watched some bowhunters walk in wild places. The way they shared the beauty of God's creation and their expressions of what it means to them, as well as a lot of us, will stuck with me. Kind of primed the pump. Where's my bow, my boots, my pack!
      Good stuff guys. Thank you, David
         (looking forward to "Essential Encounters")
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Primal Dreams"...time well spent
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Well said Snag! I just watched my Primal Dreams again, and it sure helps re-charge the Spirit. I can't wait to see "Essential Encounters".
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
I am on my 3 rd copy. Friends stole the 1st 2.
It is the most real thing in film.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
This might sound dumb but when I have a bad day (STRESS) and want to kick the dog and yell at my wife and kids
I just, go down the basement, pop a beer and turn on Primal Dreams and it makes everything right again.
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
Masterpiece!!!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
SS Snuffer, I can see that!

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
Where is it available? Never heard of it but sounds like a must watch

Fin
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
In this day and age of under armor hunters selling garbage and putting the so called smack down on our beloved creatures The Wensel and Miten boys videos are a stand alone quality prouduction.   I just finished Genes book Buckskin amd Bone and I loved it . I am about to start Once Upon a tine and I am expecting no less ..  It is so hard to video hunting and I do not watch the BS hunting shows these tapes are a treat to say the least
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by MTArrowLauncher:
Where is it available? Never heard of it but sounds like a must watch

Fin
Go to the Wensels web site I believe it is Brothersofthebow.com  vdeos and books are available there plus great deals on those goof hats Barry wears I love um I bought 3
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
The Boys sure have it right. I have Essential Encounters and the Buckskin and Bone book. The outlooks and info are really appreciated. Very much an affirmation of the whole thing...
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline blktail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »
That's one dvd I never get tired of watching.
 what it's all about.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys. I have been ask about the details of many of the solo hunts I went on and depicted in film on Primal Dreams and Essential Encounters. You will find some of the details tucked away within the chapters of my book "One with the Wilderness". You can find it on our brothersofthebow.com site as well. Thank you all, Mike

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
Mike, is that you walking with the two bucks slung over your shoulders?!!!  To slow down and hunt with the rhythm of the day and to blend in and be a part of His creation is where I love to be.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
Yes that was me....please don't try this at home.  Ha!  The bucks are pictured in my Avitar. You won't see me doing that again in Essental Encounters, but Barry puts on an impressive buck drag alone. :>)

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Went on their site this morning and ordered both Primal Dreams, and Essential Encounters. After all I've heard about them, I couldn't wait any more. I'm sure I'll end up just as hooked as the rest of you.     :thumbsup:

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
I recently mentioned to the guys we really blew some neat comparative footage. I have some 8MM footage of me dragging a buck out in 1964. It's taken at almost the exact same angle and distance of the footage taken of me dragging the buck in Essential Encounters. Only I'm dressed in red/black checkered wool; 46 years younger, 100 lbs. lighter and the buck is 100 inches smaller. Time flies when you're having fun. BW

Offline glass76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Barry Wensel:
I recently mentioned to the guys we really blew some neat comparative footage. I have some 8MM footage of me dragging a buck out in 1964. It's taken at almost the exact same angle and distance of the footage taken of me dragging the buck in Essential Encounters. Only I'm dressed in red/black checkered wool; 46 years younger, 100 lbs. lighter and the buck is 100 inches smaller. Time flies when you're having fun. BW
So the bucks AND the hunters are getting bigger?   :dunno:

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
Getting 40 this summer and yes 20 years ago I looked like a teenage but sorry about the wait 'cause it did'nt changed much   :D
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©