3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silvertip on the way...let's see some of yours for ideas..  (Read 486 times)

Offline Michael K Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
Well guys I know I posted about a hybrid longbow the other day for my first custom purchase but....... Did some studying, talked to a good friend of mine who got me into traditional archery hunting, and decided to go with a T/D recurve instead.  I narrowed it down to a Silvertip, a Robertson or a Morrison.  With the Silvertip being favored from the get go because I shot his and loved it. Also Paul Shafer is a legend to me so I would like to support what he started.  So I just got off the phone with Beth over at the shop and put my deposit down and started talking about options.  I don't know what woods I want yet but I do know I want the 2 or 3 different woods with the antler bases and the horn tips.  So if y'all want to throw yalls 2 cents in on Silvertip options or if you could show me some pictures of some Silvertips I would love to see some decked out or not I don't care let's see em'

Thanks,
Michael

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silvertip on the way...let's see some of yours for ideas..
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
I got mine coming in June I cant wait mine will have rough sheep horn tips If this thread is around  then I will gladly send pics..the long wait soon to be over come on june.

Offline Michael K Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Plumber:
I got mine coming in June I cant wait mine will have rough sheep horn tips If this thread is around  then I will gladly send pics..the long wait soon to be over come on june.
I hear you man, Beth said 8 to 9 months and I know it's going to feel like 2 years..I just posted on the classifieds looking for a used one because I can't wait that long to get my hands one one and if I find a nice used one I will have 2 when mine comes in.. but I will post pictures of mine when it gets here so you can show yours then too if you havent already

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
I have one, kind of... I was talking to a friend about them (Schafer Silvertips) and he pulled out some limbs, said he hasn't used them and would sell them to me. I emailed Beth and found out how much a raiser was, and at the time couldn't swing it. So the guy I bought the limbs from also made me a raiser. He owns I think 4 Schafer Silvertips, and just mocked the other raiser to the best of his ability (and did AWESOME!!). I would like to buy a one piece recurve someday. I will post some pics of my bow if you would like to see it.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Michael K Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
Let's see it

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Michael,

Use the SEARCH function at the top of this page.....click on the word SEARCH. When that window opens up, type in Silvertip, Schafer Silvertip, Schafer bows, etc, then select  the search to be in POW-WOW.
That will bring up a gazillion threads/pictures on Silvertips....you'll see some mighty nice bows.

Offline michigan bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
i guess if you have to "settle", then settling on the mercedes/bmw/lexus of bows isn't a bad choice.
i bet you will really like it.
bill
I'm just happy to be here!

Offline Michael K Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
Yea Bill I'm glad to hear you say that bc that's what I think about the Silvertips but I really was expecting alot more die hard Shafer guys on this site....But I'm exited about my decision.

I posted an idea about some wood combos on another tread talking about exotic combo ideas....check it out and tell me what you think please.

Michael

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
Ha! Bill hit it on the head, Shafer/Robertson/Morrison oh what a dilemma! The best answer is one of each... no make that two of each  :)

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
I have 2 or 3 of each:)  It doesn't help.  You still want more.

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
Ok, this is the third time tonight that I have turned on my laptop to see if anybody has posted pics yet.  C'mon.  Threads like these just drive me crazy.  Lol!!  Silvertip is another bow that is on my must have list.  Just haven't got very far down the list yet.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Congrats I have wanted a Silvertip for almost 20 years and should have mine in hopefully about 2 months

Charcoal riser checkered grip one of the last old school Camo limbs to come out of shop if not the last.  Cape Buffalo tips FF and antler knobs

Here is a pic of my unfinished limbs with a like riser old school camo I love it

Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
That bow looks tough.  I gotta have one.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
See next page under what creekwood did for me!

The raiser was made by a friend of mine. I hope to get a one piece made by Dave someday.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
WOW thats huge...how do I make it smaller?
Jon Richards

>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
If ya go to Photobucket you can resize it
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
Mike, If I may make a suggestion, I would stick with the dymondwoods and not spend the extra money on exotics. The number one option to me is the checkered grip. DO NOT ORDER A TIP WITHOUT THE CHECKERED GRIP!!!! I have owned 4 Silvertips, some of them have had exotic vaneers and some have had the dymondwood matched limbs. I see absolutely no difference in performance, only cosmetics. Get the checkering and enjoy!!!!

Offline creekwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Here ya go Jonathon...

Now you need to go back to your posting, click on the paper and pencil icon and remove the picture until you figure out how to post.  I can help you if you want to PM me.  I also see in your profile that you are an IT Tech, kind of embarassing isn't it.   :)

Offline creekwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Here is another for your viewing pleasure...

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
Michael,Pm Cacciatore and get Felix to send you pics or post of his two new Tips,YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED,UNREAL !
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©