3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finger Problem  (Read 211 times)

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Finger Problem
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
About 5 weeks ago I put a 10 str. D97 string on my bow,replaced 14 str. D97, to get a little extra umph out of the bow. After 2 weeks my fingers started to hurt,in the joints and got to a point where I stopped shooting for a couple of days to see if it would go away. When I started back the ache stared over. I put the old string back on and rested a couple more days. I have been shooting now for the last 5 days with no pain what so ever. I went to a meeting at club last nite and while shooting the bull was talking to another guy who shoots longbow also. He told me he had the same thing happen to him about 6 months ago with same results as myself. My shooting did not suffer, release was good, can anybody tell me anything about this and has it happened to others.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finger Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
I shoot a 8 strand Ultra cam (same thickness as a 6 strand D97) but i double surve so where i grab the string is the same thickness as if i was shooting a stock string.

My finger joints do hurt now and then but that is because of my old beatup hands not my string (they hurt before i switched to a thinner string)
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finger Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
I double serve my skinny strings to have the same finished diameter as my 12 strand D97.I don't feel any different no matter what strand string I'm shooting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©