3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All season hunting permit  (Read 358 times)

Offline Northwest_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
All season hunting permit
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
Hi all, I just found out I won 1 of 4000 all season hunting permits. I can bowhunt all hear long for deer!!! I am not bragging, I am the guy that never wins anything and of all the things I could win, this is the best thing ever!!!
Michael

** Poppa can we go out and shoot bows and arrows? **  My boys

Offline doug g

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: All season hunting permit
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
Wow, Congrats I wish they offered that in MI.
TGMM

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
Are you sure it's year around?  The ones in NM are during any season.

Here's what I found:

This is a great opportunity for hunters to extend their hunting season this fall,” Dave Ware, state game manager, said in a prepared statement. “Rather than having to choose one hunting method over another, hunters drawn for a multiple-season permit who purchase the tag can participate in multiple seasons.”

Ware noted that the tags can only be used during general seasons and in game management units that are open during a modern firearm, muzzleloader or archery general season.

For example, winners may not hunt during the muzzleloader general season in an area that is not open for the muzzleloader general season.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline zwickeyman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
Wingnuts right but I'm sure thats what Michael meant. This is a cool deal, especially if you have alot of time and enjoy using different weapons.

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
Congratulations!
Aim small...Miss small!!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Thanks all, I am seriously jazzed.

Wingnut, Yes only during a hunting season, sorry for the confusion.

As they explained it to me on the phone, I can hunt during rifle season with a bow, but I can't hunt during bow season with a rifle.  Same with muzzle loader, I can hunt muzzle loader during muzzle loader and rifle season but not bow season.
Michael

Offline Todd Greenwald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
Michigan has a Combination Lic. that is good for one buck of any size and a second with 4+ points on one side.  It enables you to use it in all of the seasons.  So for Souther Michigan that means deer hunting from Oct 1 to the first part of January.  It is a great thing and my challenge this year is to go a field hunting every time with my longbow only.  I can't wait!
Michigan Longbow Association
USMC 1992-2000

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
Congrats.  Northwewst Bowhunter I'm holding out for the elk multi season.With that you can hunt east side or west with whatever tool happens to be in season
Tim

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by doug g:
Wow, Congrats I wish they offered that in MI.
We do have this. Our license are good for any weapon not just archery or firearms.

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
I lived in Washington for a time.  It was really hard for me to get used to the notion that I had to choose a weapon!  Glad to hear you won't this fall!

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
Being retired, I put in and got one of those last season.  Unfortunately, at $180 for the resident license, I did not even apply this year.

I understand several of these multi-season tags go unpurchased by the "winner", so they have increased the number of permits to be drawn. The government is always looking for ways to separate us from our dollars.
Lon Scott

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
Tim in Wa. I put in for that one as well but I am happy with this one. Blackhawk, I am still waiting on my first trad kill so I will be out many times between Sept and Dec to try and fill that tag.  $180 seems reasonable considering the restriction it lets you get by, odds are I will skip my Elk this year though.
Michael

Offline bucksbuouy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
Well I cant be too jealous. I hunt on a red tag farm which allows me to hunt all year except deer season, for which, I need to supply my own tags. But congrats to you and good luck. You're gonna need it! If the deer in Washington are anything like the ones in PA, they are in herds 9 months of the year, when you find one you find 'em all, and it is soooo much harder to hunt them because you have 10 times as many eyes ears and noses watching out for you. Good luck! Im excited for you.

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
I put in for it this year both elk and deer and as they say, "Sorry! Please play again!" Got a point though.

I think it's a great idea. To hunt during the rifle season you need to wear fluorescent orange, tho, and play in the punkin patch. But there are some good opportunities during the muzzleloader season.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
bucksbuouy... LOL... wait'll you get a load of the famous burrowing bucks of Okanogan County!
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline bucksbuouy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
burrowing bucks lol

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
This tag gives you some chances to hunt with your bow in some of the rifle hunts that occur during the rut for both Blacktail and Whitetails .. thats the main reason I put in and buy the multi season deer tag.

Of course you have to shoot straight too, last year I missed a whopper in the late rifle hunt in eastern WA. A nice big 10 that was chasing around six does. I redeamed myself in the late archery hunt shooting a nice 8 right through the heart...
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
Yeah, I hate those burrowing bucks almost as much as I hate the "ghost" black tails (it was right over there a minute ago).

elkken, are you hunting the east side because we don't have any white tails out here on the coast.  When ever I have gone to the eastern side of the state I see a lot of mulies but have only heard of white tails being there.  Oh, and I see Elk everywhere when it isn't Elk season LOL.
Michael

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Does this allow you to hunt the whole state, that’s where it would be nice? Here in Cali with a bow you can hunt any season. Rifle, muzzle loader whatever but your tag will be for a certain zone. An archery only tag will let you hunt about 70% (a guess off the top of my head) of the state.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Yeah the whole state, if it was for Elk I am sure they would make me choose east side or west side, but they never put that restriction on deer tags.
Michael

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©