3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Adcock/shrew side quiver  (Read 136 times)

Offline Longspur77

• Trad Bowhunter
Adcock/shrew side quiver
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Anyone here ever tried to make one of these by themselves. I really like the art Vincent powderhorn and mantis by ron.
62" Blacktail Elite VL
60" Morrison Cheyenne

Offline stickhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Adcock/shrew side quiver
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
I bought a Mantis from ron, and thought the same thing about building one. Used Rons as a patern and built one for my friend, the key was finding the stiffener for the middle between the leather. I used a thin piece of alum sheeting and it worked great. Bought the arrow grippers from 3 rivers.

Offline Longspur77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Stick, thanks for the help. Do you like using that quiver. I am trying to figure out a way to attach it to the side of my climbing stand or to the tree with a strap that tightens. It may be more than i can do and probably should just buy one. Thanks for your help.
62" Blacktail Elite VL
60" Morrison Cheyenne

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
I have made a couple. They are quite a bit rougher than the ones made by Art V, but his was the inspiration. I simplified the design a little to fit my abilities and lack of tools.  I used Selway quiver grippers and hood foam in mine and it worked well.  I  also used stiffer leather so that I didn't need to use a stiffener

All in all it is not that difficult, and would be easier with the correct tools.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline stickhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
David just put a slot like a knife sheath in the back piece of leather an run a racket strap through it and stap it to what ever you want. If i am not using a bow Quiver i will use it. Works great for me. Can strap it to a backpack, or sling it over my shoulder, or just stand it up in a ground blind.

Offline Longspur77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Yea, i like your thoughts. got to get the supplies, hopefully will have some pictures before deer season of my first build along.
62" Blacktail Elite VL
60" Morrison Cheyenne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©