3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Planting the Seed  (Read 275 times)

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
Planting the Seed
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
Thought I'd share with ya'll a fun experience I had last night with my 22 mos-old son... Mom was out with the ladies, so I took him in the back yard with my recurve to throw a few arrows at the 3D targets... well, what a joy! He stood behind me as a I shot and let out a great big 'ol belly laugh when the arrows would hit the targets. He then ran full speed up to the targets and pointed to the arrows and said 'more' 'more'... we shot till dark before bath time... it was a great evening  :)
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Planting the Seed
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
What a memorable night!  Hope that you have many many more ahead of you in the years to come.  You are a lucky man!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
Oh that's a good sign Kimosabe.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Nice!

My daughters sometimes race to see who can pull the arrows out of the bag and then argue about it.  It's nice having arrow retrievers.

I also get them to tell me where they want me to hit the bag.  Of course, it usually goes something like, "oh, you said the one on the left, I thought you said the middle one" or "Daddy, you missed."  :p
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Caleb Andes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Before turkey season I was practicing out of my blind and my brother and his 2 year old daughter showed up to watch. She loved being in the "fort" while I shot and couldn't wait to get the arrows.. start em young i suppose.. Great job Penguin!
>>----> Lovin the mystical flight >>---->

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
That's awesome, my little guy is 13 months. Can't wait til we can share stuff like that

Fin
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
Super!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline JimL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
Way too cool.  Great isn't it to watch them explore and discover the world.  You can sure teach them a lot of live's lessons in the woods too.
...by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.   Col  1:20

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
Awesome!!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline Claym

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »
Very cool!     :campfire:
-Clay

Offline TradDad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
You make me wanna leave work, go pick up my son from home and head out to shoot.  Moments like that last a lifetime.
But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob;(from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:) -Genesis 49:24

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©