3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dwyer Bows?  (Read 225 times)

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
Dwyer Bows?
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
Has anybody ever shot one? I was looking at them and one of their models looks about like a Shrew. Don't know anything about them though.    :dunno:
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dwyer Bows?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Dave and Corey make an awesome bow.  I've owned their original longbow and a Defiant.  Both great bows, craftmanship is excellent (best tips in the business), and customer service is second to none.  Great bows and even better people to deal with.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
I had one of the first 10 longbows Dwyer made. Very smooth!  The most quiet bow I have ever shot!  At 68 inches it was a little long for my liking, eventually I sold it.  At the Waterloo Expo I ordered another bow from Dave, this time and orginal at 66inches. I looked at and shot a lot of longbows and decided it was going to be either a Dwyer or a Howard Hill. I've shot all of the Dwyers and they are all fine bows. Just like the orginal best.

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
I shoot recurves because I can't get use to a longbows grip. Would the Endeavor be a good choice for somebody like me? The grip on it looks like something I could shoot.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
I picked up a like new used Dauntless a while back....fantastic bow,great fit and finish,VERY good performance and great people to talk to.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
Very nice bows.  Never owned one, but I shot a defiant and it was pretty sweet.  Don't like long longbows though.

Think it was a 62"
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
I did the "try before you buy" on Dave's traditional longbow.  They are extremely nice, but like all bows... you gotta try one first to make sure "it fits".  The only reason I didn't keep Dave's bow was my hand swollowed the riser  and the web - between my index finger and thumb - rode above the shelf (yup, my hands are pretty dang big).  

Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate on getting one.

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline Claym

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
I ordered an endeavor after shooting one up at Kalamazoo this year. Personally, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better bow. That being said, not every bow fits everyone the same.  My best advice would be to try and find one to shoot and see how it feels to you(though I doubt you'll be disappointed with any of the Dwyer's bows    :)  )
-Clay

Offline MD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
I second those who have posted positive experiences with Dave, Cory and Sue.  They are currently building an endeavor for my wife which requires a short draw and light draw weight. Communications with Sue have all been positive and promt.  I can't wait to pick it up as I am sure it will be fantastic.
Mark

Offline mesquite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
Great bows!  Have 3 and 1 on the way!

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
I have a Defiant.  It is my go to bow.  You cant go wrong with one.  I love the tips also.
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive Council Member.

James V. Bailey II

Offline youngarcher1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »
Fantastic people i have the dauntless, shoots great says its 54 @28 but feels like 45. Shoots where you're looking and oh i forgot to mention the are the number one people on the top of my list for best customer service. Craftsmanship is second to none as well

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
I had a beautiful 68" original longbow built by Dave with gorgeous quilted cherry veneers.....an excellent and meticulously crafted longbow.  

Have regretted selling that since forever..

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
I ordered one custom.  First they built it to the wrong weight and the bow had to be reduced.  Then when it arrived the spray on finish was very poorly done (it was all "orange peeled" on the lower limb).  So I returned it.

I have heard nothing but good things about them so maybe I was the exception.  But that's the way it worked out for me?

Good luck.

Tenbrook

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©