3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: string material  (Read 843 times)

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
string material
« on: January 12, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
what do you guys use for string material. i want to make my own flemish string but don't know what to order or how much makes a string. i shoot a bob lee recurve with fast flight. and i can't make up my mind on wether to get : TS-1 , fast flight plus
as for how much i need. i only want to make 2 or 3 spare strings at the time. so i don't know if all i need is 1 1/4pound spoll or more that one spoll of string

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: string material
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »
You can buy Ts1 in a couple of tri colored combinations. Saves a lot of $ buying one spool for a multi colored string. TS1 is a great string for recurves and a 1/4 lb. spool makes a lot of strings.
Bill
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: string material
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »
I like D97 string it can be purchased in 375 foot rolls.It is a great string and a 12 strand D97 is strong enough for up to a 100# bow.I usally get 6 to 8 strings off two 375 ft. rolls.12 strands gives me with .024 halo serving about the same knock fit as 16 strand old FF with the same serving.Plus I think D97 is quieter than the old FF,haven't had any experience with TS1 or FF Plus.I can buy 2 rolls of D97 of a different colors for around $23 to $25 and get 6-8 strings from them.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©